New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant Santa came in November

Started by charlie, November 13, 2017, 01:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I was over the moon yesterday at the Montreal Auction, when i discovered some rare at least in these parts Eriocaulon plants and to booth they were in the tissue culture offerings Yay !
I have always wanted to try these plants for a long time  purely for the challenge they can present, hence my excitement on seeing them, needless to say i went into a bidding war  :) and was successful in winning 3 varieties all be it at a small fortune.Fingers , knees and toes  and more crossed, i can grow them out  :D.

matttimms49

These look awesome best of luck with growing them. I heard they were difficult to propagate?

Kalemh

Some really unique looking plants. What makes thrm so hard to grow ?

charlie

I`m thinking that they are less forgiving of errant ideal conditions.

AngelaM

Just looked them up...the pictures make them look like little green sea urchins!

charlie

It`s planted!
I had this 15 Gallon tank scaped already , so decided to clean it up and refresh it a bit.
The 3 Erio  amigos above was planted, in the background is echinodorus tenellus , mid ground on rocks is bucephalandra ( don`t recall species), pogostemon helferi, and Marisila Crenata in the foreground
Now the waiting game

sas

Lovely looking tank!
If anyone can grow these you can, I'm sure.