New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fun planted fish Bowl activity - see the rules.Enter here now!!!

Started by charlie, March 08, 2017, 02:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

So far we have 8 entries, if i missed anyone from the below list, please let me know.
Enter now before the dead line.
daworldisblack,Kalemh,Aydenh,Gilboltron,tanksalot360,wading_in,Jody, exv152.

exv152

Quote from: charlie on March 16, 2017, 01:17:30 PM
daworldisblack,Kalemh,Aydenh,Gilboltron,tanksalot360,wading_in,Jody, exv152?.

OK I'm in. But if mine turns out to be a bowl of green cereal, which is likely, you won't see an entry from me. LOL
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Jody

Gilbotron

wolfiewill

The interest in this is AWESOME! I will definitely be there at the meeting on May 29th.... and really, poisson is right, someone must take quality pics for the forum.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Jody

Got my bowl up and running.. nice thing about starting early is having the tie to change things if need be.

No guppy grass yet..that is the fallback plan..lol

Jellyanne

Ohh I want to try this!
Hopefully the cat will leave this tank alone!
I've got so many ideas.
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

charlie

Quote from: Jellyanne on March 22, 2017, 08:58:30 AM
Ohh I want to try this!
Hopefully the cat will leave this tank alone!
I've got so many ideas.
Awesome!, looking forward to seeing the creations by our local hobbyist.
As for the cat , give him/her a stern warning  ;)

charlie

Quote from: charlie on March 16, 2017, 01:17:30 PM
So far we have 8 entries, if i missed anyone from the below list, please let me know.
Enter now before the dead line.
daworldisblack,Kalemh,Aydenh,Gilboltron,tanksalot360,wading_in,Jody, exv152,jellyanne.
Only 5 more days left to enter folks,get your regurgitation in now

lucius

Quote from: charlie on March 25, 2017, 10:35:42 AM
Only 5 more days left to enter folks,get your regurgitation in now

You should really double check your auto correct.  I assume you mean registration and not regurgitation?  ;D

charlie

Quote from: lucius on March 27, 2017, 10:28:42 AM
You should really double check your auto correct.  I assume you mean registration and not regurgitation?  ;D
Yes i should , you sure have a keen eye and time :D

charlie

charlie

Quote from: charlie on March 27, 2017, 11:20:59 AM
4 more days
3 more days guys, don't miss out on this rewarding fun project

Speaking g of rewarding!! I'm happy to announce that the  OVAS Excutive is sponsoring the prizes to the the tune of - 1st place $100.00, 2nd place $50.00 and 3rd place$ 25.00
Thanks OVAS

Herstead

Ok, either Stephanie or I will put a bowl together for this.

We had just decided to not do it and were at a value village and found a perfect container so I guess we have to now.

Should be fun.

- Jonathan
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

ksj

Id like to join in even thouh Im not yet a member. Can props be used? I like making things myself for decor in aquariums.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

charlie

@ Jonathan, that`s awesome!
@  ksj ,as mentioned it`s open to anyone , but only legit members will be considered for the Prizes.
use any props you like , but it must contain viable plants.
To anyone sitting on the fence, join the party now, only a couple of days left for registering your intent. Once the entries are closed on the 31st, there will be no acceptance of entries allowed - no exceptions.
Regards

ksj

Thats fine. Being new here I dont know what people expect so I have no illusions of winning. It just sounds fun.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

rivermuse

I dont know what Im going to do yet, but pl include my entry into the event. Thx

sidarnold

Good morning to everyone. OVAS is very encouraged by the number of participants who have stated their intention to create an entry for the Planted Fish Bowl competition. We are hoping to view many great entries. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded to entrants with paid, current OVAS memberships. Prizes are:

1st Place = $100
2nd Place = $50
3rd Place = $25

Thanks again to Errol for organizing this. See you at the May 29th meeting!

Sid Arnold
OVAS Vice-President

charlie

Quote from: charlie on March 08, 2017, 02:07:42 PM
So here we go.
(1) this is open to all hobbyist
(2)You must register your intention to participate  in this thread by the Fri. Match 31 midnight, anyone registering after March 31 will not be considered for a reward.
(3)Although a fish bowl or similar is highly  suggested,any container i gallon or less is acceptable
(4)--aquascape/ decorate  the bowl/vase as you see fit, but must contain sustainable live plants ( No plastic  :P) , live stock optional
(5) In order to qualify for a reward, it must be presented at the season final meeting on  May 29th at the Tom Brown arena.
"The meeting will take place at the usual place, Tom Brown Arena starting at 7:00 PM.  Tom Brown Arena has plenty of free parking and is close to the OC Transpo transit routes."
Time to start planting/decorating :D, looking forward to some beauties come May 29th and great participation.
Regards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImjZUZa8jkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL38AFkFPi8

QuoteGood morning to everyone. OVAS is very encouraged by the number of participants who have stated their intention to create an entry for the Planted Fish Bowl competition. We are hoping to view many great entries. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded to entrants with paid, current OVAS memberships. Prizes are:

1st Place = $100
2nd Place = $50
3rd Place = $25

Thanks again to Errol for organizing this. See you at the May 29th meeting!

Sid Arnold
OVAS Vice-President
daworldisblack,Kalemh,Aydenh,Gilboltron,tanksalot360,wading_in,Jody, exv152, Jellyanne , Herstead , ksj , rivermuse ,charlie?.
If there is any concerns of me joining the fun , please say so.

If you have posted your intent and don`t see your name above, please contact me.
This should be fun
Regards