New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

I've noticed and am a bit curious as to how everyone comes up with their on-line names.
Myself, for example, busdriver, it's what I do, I'm a schoolbus driver.
Would you care to tell me and everyone else that reads this how you came up with your names?

busdriver aka Terry
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

pegasus

In 1982 I helped my son set-up his first BBS.... named "Olympia" They took names like Hercules, Zeus therefore I was left with Pegasus.
Voila!

darkdep

I was a one time a big Depeche Mode fan (Still like them, not die-hard anymore tho).  I was looking for a cool handle back in my younger days, and at one time used "Dark Depeche" as my handle on the BBS's I frequented (and ran).  It eventually got shortened to Darkdep, which I still use to this day.

PaleoFishGirl

This is a fun thread :)

I have a degree in Paleontology :) 
I studied fossil Fish.  Now I enjoy playing with live Fish - see, it overlaps, it's clever!
Oh, and I'm a Girl ;)

BigDaddy

I'm 6'4 and I have 3 kids

'Nuff said  ;D

artw

well, approximately 9 months prior to December 25, 1978, my parents did something that resulted in the birth of me, and I only assume that during these 9 months they came up with the name Art Williamson.

mseguin

Similarly (but 3 years later) my parents came up with the name Matthew David Séguin.

RoxyDog

I have an awesome Dog (boxer).

Her name is Roxy

I'm gonna like this thread, hopefully everyone contributes!   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

FishPassion

I think if I had the chance to change my name I would have a year back but will keep it now. It just seemed like the nic that best described my hobby, mind you I had a reefer friend in Mtl that was shocked to learn that I was male first time she met me, she said but FishPassion sounds so "femme" and looking at you ur anything but femme.
Pondering changing my nic to "bigdaddy" as I too am a parent and am substantially bigger than Sean is. :) twirp lol
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

mseguin

Quatro

Quote from: mseguin on November 07, 2006, 02:27:07 PM
How about BiggerDaddy?

Nice.

Back in the years of BBS's, I was staring at a QWERTY keyboard and somehow came up with the name Quatro.  Used it ever since.  And it has nothing to do with Quattro Pro for Windows.

Mike S

repeej

I use to own a large modified Jeep TJ (which I sold back in May).  Needed a name for all those off-road forums and since "Jeeper" was always taken I just reversed the letters...thus repeej

Bought a boat to replace the Jeep so now I guess I should change my handle "renilyab"...or "260hp_renilyab"  ;)

charlie

My middle name is Charles, hence " Charlie", talk about lame  :)
Regards

mseguin

I've always wondered Errol, now I know lol

bitterman

Bruce Itterman hence Bitterman

Aiglos

I am a big Lord of the Rings geek and my favourite Character is Gil-Galad;   Aiglos was his spear. 

>

gonna_b_no_1

playing euchre and hearts online, my bf at the time reached rank of #1, so I told him i was..gonna be number 1. 

normc

Norm Crampton  normc  At my age I need something easy to remember. I use it several different places.

Shouganai

I used to run a site about Japanese pop culture, gaming and animation when I was in high school, which was shouganai.net.  'Shouganai' is kind of an adaptation of a Japanese saying "it cannot be helped".  Over time on irc and forums, I adopted Shouganai as my nick as well.

squeeker

I'm SUPER-ticklish.  In HS, my friends would sneak up behind me and poke me in the ribs, which would cause me to emit a high-pitched tickle-laugh... sounded sort of like a squeeeeeek!  Been Squeeker ever since!