New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyman

This crazy kid I used to work with called me Kennyman all the time because my name was Ken and I had a ponytail. I have been using variations of this nick on forums for a few years now  8)

mdugly

First time signing up for an online (yahoo?) email account, it took me a while to guess an unused nic.
Got to the point I didn't care anymore, and would have pressed the 'random' button if there was one.
So I started to guess what others wouldn't call themselves (of course, without being too vulgar...)

mdugly -> Dr. Ugly

Haven't had a hit with it yet...

-mike

fishycanuck

My first online forum was associated with an American group. Fishycanuck seemed like a good idea at the time.  ;D

damarech

Mine came from all my family's first names.
DAlia
MArcel
REjean
CHris
= DAMARECH

garnpet

garnpet --> garneau peter

This is the standard username configuration at work, so I have been using this since 1988.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Baldrick

Baldrick was our first feline family member - the most pathetic scrap you ever saw. He was such a mess, he earned the name Baldrick after the Blackadder character (rather than the suspenders worn by Morris dancers...). He grew into a cat of such character himself that, since he died, we use his name for all manner of things - keeps him with us.
Janet

Tyler.L

just my name....nothing exciting, sorry.

Seanc

well mine is pretty obvious, but it was my second username, the first one somehow i forgot the password or something stupid like that. So Seanc stands for me and my last name. and the othere one (which is much more original) chili is hot, is my last name and then how i look. or if you don't know my last name, i am just stating that a yummy type of food is a little hot. Thats my story, hope you liked it!

Nerine

Nerine:
Named for the Nereids in Greek mythology. The nereids were sea nymphs and daughters of the sea god, Nereus.
nerine is also the name of a a very pretty flower :)

I love the water and Greek mythology and since my real name is also Greek ...Alysa which means princess...well a daughter of a sea god and a princess just seem to go hand in hand ;)

but my oldest and longest running online name is Jo...which means sweetheart, it's been my nickname since 1990 and has stuck!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

wenkye

Wendi and Kyler.....wenkye    ;D

Shrimpy

What's better than fish??
Why Shrimp of course!

oenology

As mdugly said I was trying to come up with a name that wasn't taken on some vet forums so I switched to my other profession - winemaking aka oenology.

kyonis

nothing special in mine... kyonis is simply K. Yonis (initial and last name)

Iceman

In 1980 while playing in a rock band, I bought an Ibanez Iceman. My bandmates started calling me "The Iceman". It stuck.

repeej

Quote from: Iceman on November 08, 2006, 07:38:51 AM
In 1980 while playing in a rock band, I bought an Ibanez Iceman. My bandmates started calling me "The Iceman". It stuck.

I thought it came from being the president of the Val Kilmer fan club???  ???

darkdep

Quote from: bitterman on November 07, 2006, 05:13:16 PM
Bruce Itterman hence Bitterman

I just thought you were a sour puss.

Iceman

Quote from: repeej on November 08, 2006, 09:40:44 AM
I thought it came from being the president of the Val Kilmer fan club???  ???

Isn't Val Kilmer that guy who can't act? Like he's worse than the entire OC cast.

Actually I don't get what he has to do with "Iceman". I'm a little thick.

PaleoFishGirl

Iceman

Oh yeah, now I remember. Hope it's not on artw's list of movies to watch.  ;D

artw

yeah yeah I've seen Top Gun.

On topic, when I first started keeping fish, on forums I used to be called Somonas.   that was from the bacteria that converts ammonia to nitrates, (nitrosomonas bacter or something)