New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

Quote from: brotherluv on January 16, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
That too along with some other things depending  how much I tortured them that day...lol
im the youngest of 5 so I was the one tortured!! LOL

Saltcreep

With permission from the Webmaster I have gone ahead and bumped this thread. It was started by a long-time forum member, Busdriver, aka. Terry. For those who have already contributed to the thread, it's worth another read; I always find a new chuckle in here. For those us who are new to forum, here's your chance to tell us about your online name - how'd you come by it, does it have a special meaning to you? Curious people want to know. I can already think of a dozen or so that I can't wait to hear from.

touchofsky

touchofsky = touch of sky.  I am a botanical artist and I had to come up with a name for my studio in a hurry for a studio tour that I was participating in. 

I was out in my garden and looked at one of my favourite irises and its name is "Touch of Sky".  Voila, I called my studio Touch of Sky Studio.

tjmonet74

tjmonet74 =
t (Tasha)
j (Jean) ***I was named after both grandmothers, I'm not a hick from the sticks. I know it sounds so country bumpkin!!!
monet is my favourite artist
and 74 is the year I was born.

Thunda

Thunda was a comic book character from the 50's that a artist I really liked created.  The artist is Frank Frazetta.

busdriver

Just checking, I received an e-mail about a sale on Saturday 22nd of Sept. unfortunately I have a wedding to attend. Miss this place, Charlie, nice to see you are still here. Those were the days.
I remember someone putting on a photography display, I shouldn't have attended, that's what I'm into now.
I was just thinking of all the aquarium equipment I could have bought instead of cameras.
Anybody ever hear from paleofishgirl or babbelfish?
Big Daddy, you still here?
Hope all is well with you!
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

NjOyRiD

Quote from: busdriver on September 20, 2012, 01:07:11 AM
Just checking, I received an e-mail about a sale on Saturday 22nd of Sept. unfortunately I have a wedding to attend. Miss this place, Charlie, nice to see you are still here. Those were the days.
I remember someone putting on a photography display, I shouldn't have attended, that's what I'm into now.
I was just thinking of all the aquarium equipment I could have bought instead of cameras.
Anybody ever hear from paleofishgirl or babbelfish?
Big Daddy, you still here?
Hope all is well with you!

wow, old school people hehe
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

fishmonger

Im Fishmonger, once upon a lifetime ago, I was with Lapointe Fish, and now, I still work part time as a Fishmonger for a different company, seems I have scales in the blood and cant get away from it!  In my real life Im a sales rep, but as I like to keep busy, 2 jobs are better than 1!  I think, maybe...

Fisheye Lens

I'm a big fan of rock n' roll and the name just kind of jumped out at me when I was signing up. Plus it seemed appropriate given the topic. From the song 'Limelight' by Rush:                         
                                  Living in a fish eye lens
                                 Caught in the camera eye
                                  I have no heart to lie
                                 I can't pretend a stranger
                                  Is a long-awaited friend

hobo

I am hobo because my wife says I dress like one

Rumble Fish

I thought this name bet summed up my enjoyment of the aquarium hobby, tattoos and motorcycles. I know, one of these things is not like the others...
Freshwater 100g display / 55g sump, low tech planted tank, LED lighting
Reshaping and restocking: neon tetras, rummy nose tetras

Freshwater 75g display / 40g sump, low tech planted tank, T8 LED shop lighting
harlequin rasboras, pristella tetras, scissortail rasboras, pepper cories, SAEs, oto cats

Freshwater 65g display / 20g sump, low tech planted tank, LED lighting
lemon tetras, pineapple mollies, bronze cories, angelfish

Dan

I picked my name before navigating the forum...I sure was suprised when Dan was available!
First forum on which I am not Dan3423434980348  ;D

ceci

Mine is my cats name :)  Short for Cecilia....

She loves fish as much as I do!! If it's time to feed the fish, she'll track me down and she's relentless!

zenins

Quote from: hobo on February 11, 2013, 08:58:07 PM
I am hobo because my wife says I dress like one
ha ha

I am reminded of a conversation in one of my favourite movies "The Incredibles"

Edna: This is a hobo suit, darling. You can't be seen in this. I won't allow it. Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now? Feh!
Bob: Wait, what do you mean? *You* designed it.
Edna: I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.
Bob: E, I just need a patch job. For... sentimental reasons.
Edna: Fine. I will also fix the hobo suit.
Bob: You're the best of the best, E
Edna: [Walking up stairs] Yes, I know, dahling.
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

busdriver

Thank you OVAS, I know where to come to when looking up names of people.
Was looking for Jen aka Crumpet, couldn't remember her last name.

flyingpancake

When I make pancakes they fly from the pan onto peoples plates.

martin_jones

erm.. I'm not very original.
With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

Greatwhite

OrbitalTwist

"Orbital Twist " Is my development company name. Its a name that I picked because it represents the monster environment of my development capabilities, all designed and created with a twist. Plus its very unique and shows well in searches and easy to remember that its me  8)

busdriver

Merry Christmas all. Old and new members, this is an awesome place, sometimes wish I'd never left.

Busdriver