New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

FTS Thread

Started by LEROY, January 21, 2010, 10:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Quote from: JD on January 30, 2010, 01:17:41 PM
+1, great idea!

+2, Keep sharing!

Let's make this sticky.  :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

LEROY

Posted my new tank in my original post, kind of looks the same just smaller.

pt109

Here's a side shot of my 120G "peninsula" reef

[attachment deleted by admin]

fish

Thought I'd post some updated pics - I just switched from Geissmann Actinic+ plus XM10K to Reeflux 12K with Geissmann Pure Actinic. Much nicer colours :)

Rybren

Very nice tank, Fish!
120G Reef

fish

Thanks. I ran into trouble last summer and I have been working hard to bring it back. Always learning...

Hookup

wow fish, great looking reef.  Hats off.

Severum

Wow! How old is that tank? Those are some big arse colonies of SPS.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

fish

Thanks guys. It has been up for 4 years.

Vincenzo.

our daughters 3g pico....

dan2x38

My first effort into the marine world. A 33 gallon bowfront with a 30 gallon sump. Have almost completed an upgrade to a 75 gallon setup.

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

gemmate

First shot is 6 month ago and others are current photos.

Bob P

1 1/2 year old 75 gal.
Taken 6 months ago

fish

Hey Bob - how about a new pic?

cn

Here is my tank. I have mostly LPS and some easy SPS.

damonbrodie

Here's my FTS.  I built the bookcase that surrounds the tank.  Tank is a standard 120G (4x2x2) with a dedicated sump room in the basement.  Tank has only been up for 4 months now.

Todd

Quote from: damonbrodie on February 19, 2012, 09:48:34 PM
Here's my FTS.  I built the bookcase that surrounds the tank.  Tank is a standard 120G (4x2x2) with a dedicated sump room in the basement.  Tank has only been up for 4 months now.

Love the built in! 

damonbrodie

Quote from: Todd on February 19, 2012, 11:44:15 PM
Love the built in!  

Thanks!  I'll post some of the details in the saltwater build forum.  The hood is hinged and operates with a powered actuator.  The basement has a 60G sump and a 30G saltwater mixing station.  Water changes involve turning two valves and emptying the bucket of water.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - maintenance is very easy - and for me that is the key to success.

Dakotamay

Here goes. This tank has all LED lighting. Taken about 1 week after we transferred from our 75g. This is a 180g with 50g sump.

FTS full lighting

FTS just blues

damonbrodie

Quote from: Dakotamay on February 20, 2012, 11:31:48 AM
Here goes. This tank has all LED lighting. Taken about 1 week after we transferred from our 75g. This is a 180g with 50g sump.

FTS full lighting

FTS just blues

Nice!  What is on the backwall?  Is that stacked rock or foam or something else?