New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 50g. tank + 20g. sump build thread, a.k.a. "slowest build ever"

Started by HomerJ, April 10, 2010, 08:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laffy

HomerJ

Quote from: laffy on February 23, 2011, 12:56:42 PM
what skimmer are you planning on putting in there?

I got an Octopus NWB-110 (I think!) way back.  Because it required me to change my sump's baffles spacing, it sat unused for a few months.  It's basically the tallest thing that will fit under my stand while still leaving some breathing room for the rest of the gear.  I'm still kicking myself for not makind the stand a few inches higher.  Live and learn!

I know it's no Cadillac, but it's still quite an upgrade from the Tunze 9002 I have in there currently ;-b

laffy

HomerJ

New sump installed.  I was worried the skimmer would be noisy but it is whisper quier!

Funny how something you think will only take an hour ends up taking a whole day.  Sure, my water change is done, my pumps are clean, but man did that take forever!  I still need to do some tie wrap magic on the power cords, and reinstall the float switches and phosban reactor, but it's getting there.

leemay

nice setup, everything looks great!
can you post a new FTS?

good work

salvini55

Quote from: HomerJ on February 26, 2011, 09:00:04 AM
New sump installed.  I was worried the skimmer would be noisy but it is whisper quier!

Funny how something you think will only take an hour ends up taking a whole day.  Sure, my water change is done, my pumps are clean, but man did that take forever!  I still need to do some tie wrap magic on the power cords, and reinstall the float switches and phosban reactor, but it's getting there.

One task tends to snowball into a few  :D

Very clean! like VERY clean! looks healthy

HomerJ

Quote from: leemay on February 26, 2011, 09:31:39 AM
can you post a new FTS?

Full TANK Shot?  I'm not running a tank.  With a sump that clean, who needs a tank ;-b  Seriously, I tried but I failed with the camera.  Wife is back tonight, will let her take care of the pics.  Stay tuned.

Parisiot

dont know if you are still on this, its been a while since your last post, but how did you do your return/overflow for the 50 gallon?
im about to drill my 50 i got n some input would help

Aquaticfinatic

Parisiot do two holes for 1" PVC and go with a Herbie overflow. To make your overflow box get some glass cut to make a L shape and silicone it in place. Google search or YouTube will help you there. Good luck.  ;D