New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Njoyrid's tank

Started by NjOyRiD, January 07, 2011, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

The Tank

I bought the tank at Big als East, I think its the best price for this size of tanks without being customized
I bought the stand and canopy at Aquavalley, I could choose the color I wanted, plus I got it within a week! Oh and the price was awesome!

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NjOyRiD

Sump

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
    370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NjOyRiD

Lighting

• 3x Radion XR30w G2
    370g System

NjOyRiD

Filtration

370g System

NjOyRiD

Equipment tank & Reactors

its a 40g acrylic tank with all these equipment

370g System

NjOyRiD

Circulation

Specifications

Flow: 2,500 – 5,500 GPH
      Wattage: 10 – 60 watts

I've set the pump to Reef Crest at full spin

Specifications

Both Internal & External Design
      Slip & Thread Fitting
      Dimensions : 8″ x 4.25″ x 7″
      Inlet/ Outlet : 1 1/4″ inlet / 1" outlet
      Power :  37 watts
      96% efficiency
      Max Flow=750gph
      Max Head=7.5ft

[/list][/list]
      370g System

NjOyRiD

Heating

set to go on if under 78 degrees
      370g System

NjOyRiD

Controler

Pc4 1

[LIST=1]
      • Circulation pump for frag tank
      • Aquaillumination Led for Frag tank
      • Circulation pump for Frag tank
      • Circulation pump for Frag tank
      Pc4 2

[LIST=1]
      • Heaters: set on if under 78 degrees
      • auto top off
      • Doser
      • Dead
      Pc4 3

[LIST=1]
      • MH On: 4pm OFF: 10pm
      • T5 main tank ON: 3pm OFF: 11pm
      • Return Pump
      • Off
      370g System

NjOyRiD

Ventillation

Winter: set to 40% Humidity
      Summer: set to 60% Humidity

its plugged directly to my canopy

370g System

NjOyRiD

Water Tests

Has of april, decided to go on growth mode, thats means, higher parameters
        I switched my salt to Red sea coral pro

Nitrate: 5
        Magnesium: 1400ppm
        Calcium: 460 ppm
        Phosphate: 0
        Alk: 12 dkh
        Temp: 78-80
        Salinity 1.025
        Ph: 8.40

Stats/Graphs are here
        thank you Reeftronics![/list][/list]
        370g System

NjOyRiD

Other Equipment

• Auto top off
        it feeds my Two Little Fishies kalkwasser that goes to my sump with a maxi jet 1200
        370g System

NjOyRiD

Supplements

• Calcium
        • kalkwasser
        • Trace elements

I'm adding Calcium with my Vertex Rx6 Duo to reach at least 400ppm
        I'm adding ESV kalk via top offs
        I'm doing 5% water change weekly to restore all the trace elements

370g System

NjOyRiD

Maintenance

its simple, my maintenance is done once a week. every mondays to be exact

• Changing the socks, putting the dirty ones to the laundry with no soap
        • Removing 5% of water, and then putting the new salt mix back to the tank. using Red sea pro salt
        • Cleaning my skimmer's cup
        • Cleaning my glass with a Algae Free Tiger Shark Float Cleaning Magnet
        Once a month

• Flushing my RODI membrane
        • Doing all water tests
        Every 3 months are so:

• Changing carbon media if water going yellow
        • Changing GFO if phos over .003 ppm
        I'm using Aquaticlog to keep track of all my things to do :)
        370g System

NjOyRiD

Feeding

• Lettuce
        • Silversides
        • Big shrimps
        • DIY food with all the vitamines
        • Pellets
        370g System

NjOyRiD

Fish

• Vlamingii Tang (Naso vlamingi)
          • Yellow Tang x2 (Zebrasoma flavescens)
          • Spotted Cardinalfish x2(Sphaeramia nematoptera)
          • Blue spotted Watchman Goby (Cryptocentrus pavoninoides)
          • Striped Bristletooth (Ctenochaetus striatus)
          • Green Chromis x2 (Chrysiptera cyanea)
          • Black Percula Clown x2 (Amphiprion percula)
          • Emperor Angelfish (Pomacanthus imperator)
          • Paired Blue throat Triggers
          • Fowleri Tang (Acanthurus fowleri)
          • Niger Trigger (Odonus niger)
          • Moorish Idol
          • Cream Angelfish
          • Banghai Cardinalfish (Pterapogon kauderni)
          • Blue Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus)
          • Spotted mandarin (Synchiropus picturatus) x2
          • Dusky Wrasse

[/list]

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrnlowG6JO4[/embed]
          370g System

NjOyRiD

Corals

• Montipora Capricornis
          • /li]

370g System

NjOyRiD

Inverterbrates

• Long Spined urchin - Diadema setosum
          • Echinometra lacunter
          • Astropecten polycanthus
          • Calcinus elegans
          • Clibanarius tricolor
          • Thor Amboinensis
          • Tube Anenome - Cerianthus membranaceus

370g System

NjOyRiD

Frag Tank

• 40g Breeder
            • 36x18x16
            • Aquaillumination Led
            • GenX return pump
            • Couple different circulation pumps
            • Connected to the main system

Problems occurred and future plans

• Hair algea
            • Hydro to high because of those MH, going LED
            • Need a solution for power outage
            • Change CA reactor to a dual to keep my ph higher
            • adding an equipment tank on top of the sump to have all the equipment to my eye level
            • Get a new sump
            • Adding more volume for more stability
            Special thanks

Liv my friend for all the help installing the tank
            Az at Aquavalley for your crazy prices on live stock and all the good tips regarding my tank
            Mathieu at GoReef for all the good prices on equipment plus all the good advices
            Mark (mrsaltwaterguy) my buddy from Texas that helped me out during my algea outbreak!
            Pat from Reef wholesale for all the times I bug you with PM, questions regarding my tank haha
            My wife Jasmine who let me spend 21k on my tank  haha I love you[/list]
            370g System

Hookup

Wow!!!!   Very nice indeed!

Malyon18

Looking good buddy, now start fragging me some frags hahaha
            "Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

salvini55

Quote from: NjOyRiD on January 07, 2011, 11:01:26 PM
              Problems
              • adding an equipment tank on top of the sump to have all the equipment to my eye level

its the only way!!!!!

I was under the impression that ALK needed to be 7-8 DKH when running a carbon system like bio beads. Is this not the case for pellets?

NjOyRiD

Quote from: salvini55 on January 08, 2011, 02:04:22 PM

its the only way!!!!!

I was under the impression that ALK needed to be 7-8 DKH when running a carbon system like bio beads. Is this not the case for pellets?
              I just added the kalkwasser reactor so It might just be not set properly[/list]
              370g System

liv

Looking great bud :)

can't wait to see some led's on that super tank !

NjOyRiD

370g System

Hookup

Tell me more about your auto feeder. It's something I want for fish who needs I cannot meet...

Where/how do you install it?  How do you use it?

NjOyRiD

I decided to get the eheim because it was on spécial during boxing day.
              its pretty easy to install. Put the time, how mnay times a day you want to feed, and during that time, how many times you want it to turn.
              I made a video for you.
              the only thing is, that machine need to be sideways. i dont have a top. plus my Mh would probably killed it.
              so to me it was the best palce to put it..enjoy.
              370g System

Hookup

Thanks.  I'm troubled with my no canopy system to add one of these.  I see how it works on your system and it looks good IMO. I'm not sure how to adapt it to mine in an every day manner while making it look like it's hidden.

I'm thinking it would be very hard.

This lack of a canopy is a pain I the arse.

Nice looking fish BTW.  How did you find your angles are with your coral?  How long have you had the angels?  Any issues?  If not, why do you think you are successful?

NjOyRiD

I only have one angel, its a bellus angel, reef safe, very peaceful. i love him, my wife bought it for me at new years eve hehe
              eats on pellets and frozen food. I recommand it!
              370g System

liv

hey buddy,

for the power.. get a UPS and hook up the recirc pump and your controller.
              I can probably put something on a relay to trip and notify you via the controller ( email or web ) that says that we are out of power. I think you have a few serial connections left on it we could use to detect a loop. ( add to the todo list )...Oh. and I got the rj12 connectors.. let me know if u still need a cable.. and what length.

az

nice setup Phil, we need more tank shots.
              you may need to update your fish list ;)

oh 1 quick fix its
              www.aquavalley.ca

Quote from: NjOyRiD on January 07, 2011, 03:27:40 PM
              The Tank

• 220g Perfecto tank
              • overflows in each corner
              • 72x24x30
              • 200 lbs of live rock

The stand and canopy was bought at www.aquavalley.com and its PERFECT!

Full tank video
              AQUA VALLEY    
              1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
              Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
              Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
              Mon >> CLOSED
              Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
              www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

NjOyRiD

Quote from: az on January 10, 2011, 01:35:09 PM
              nice setup Phil, we need more tank shots.
              you may need to update your fish list ;)

oh 1 quick fix its
              www.aquavalley.ca

hahah yeah I will do that Az haha my wife is nuts :D:D
              I will put more tanks shots when that hair algea will be gone :)
              I wish my coraline algea would grow faster so the hair algea wont be able to grow...

Update: 09/01/11

my wife bought me an Early Valentine present: A bluespot jawfish (Opistognathus rosenblatti) but died the next day
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update 11/01/11

I decided to try a weird method to control my HA, i saw a lot of ppl on youtube doing it. also a lot of ppl are doing it on Reefcentral :)
              heres a video to show you
              370g System

Malyon18

HAHAHA when I said you should try it I never said to go out and buy 10 of them hahaha

NjOyRiD

Update 12/01/11

having mollies in the tank is not working too well, the flow in the tank is a bit to strong for them.
              they are alive but never they will go down from the surface
              370g System

az

AQUA VALLEY    

2016 Hours
              Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
              Mon >> CLOSED
              www.aquavalley.ca

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

Update 16/01/11

New frags that I bought at Aquavalley today

• Montipora confusa
              • Goniopora minor
              • acropora sp of some sort
              • Stylophora pistillata
              370g System

ThomasLynn

Had a chance to see this tank in person yesterday... WOW This setup is so ahead of anything I can imagine doing! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! Keep the updates coming, I look forward to seeing the growth of the corals! *May we all have wives as supportive*

yellowtang

I have also seen his huge tank!!!! I just wish I had the room to
              put one of those babies at my place!!!!
              anyways..... I believe that once he get all that pesky algae under control
              his tank would be a very awsome tank to admire.
              120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
              38G REEF

NjOyRiD

ahh thank you guys!
              much appreciated!
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update

I received my new Vertex Rx6 Duo, it was cheap so I jumped on it.
              in the 2nd chamber, I will be adding coarse live rock for putting my ph higher before it goes to the tank
              in the 3rd, GFO from Two little fishies
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update:

Since the new Calcium reactor is up and running, my ph never droped below 8.0 which is awesome!
              I'm getting ready to leave on vacation for 3 weeks, I,m a bit stress leaving my tank hehe It should be alright!
              370g System

HomerJ

I had the chance to see Njoyrid's tank last night.  Really nice setup, this thank is HUGE!!!

Congrats on a nice tank, and be thankful for a very understanding and supportive girlfriend ;-b

NjOyRiD

Quote from: HomerJ on February 10, 2011, 07:26:06 AM
              I had the chance to see Njoyrid's tank last night.  Really nice setup, this thank is HUGE!!!

Congrats on a nice tank, and be thankful for a very understanding and supportive girlfriend ;-b

haha Pat, I didnt know it was you LOLLLLL
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: 05 /03 11

its 10h30 pm, we just finish installing the equipment tank
              heres a video of it plus the mess around it haha

plus iw as gone for 3 weeks in florida without touching my tank
              my pamaeters are all perfect, eveything to 0
              plus my hair algea is dying, became all thin thin
              i lvoe it
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: March 18th 2011

Because the mag 9.5 died, I replaced it with a Water Blaster HY-3000, heres some infos about it

Both Internal & External Design
              Slip & Thread Fitting
              Dimensions : 8″ x 4.25″ x 7″
              Inlet/ Outlet : 1 1/4″ inlet / 1" outlet
              Power :  37 watts
              96% efficiency
              Max Flow=750gph
              Max Head=7.5ft

for my setting, my pump task is for the return, equipment tank and my CA reactor
              its barely doing the job, ouff!!

I also installed my frag rack! lookin good!
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update 01/04/11

-new videos:

-new pictures:
              370g System

bongo

Nice shot of your tank Phil!

But I must say that it looks way better in real person :)

So massive! and the shot doesn't catch the shimering effect of your 400w or the glowing of your corals.

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

NanoSF

My favorite looking fish. Too bad my tank is too small. Although I am tempted to try one since my glass is just crawling with pods these days. It is so bad it is affecting my viewing pleasure with all these copepods. Maybe I need something to take care of them  :)

Darth

Your pics the first one looks almost like cabbage coral and the other is just button polyps

NjOyRiD

Rockwork:
              370g System

NjOyRiD

I need ID on this goby
              370g System

NjOyRiD

My daughter!
              cutiest catch :)
              370g System

liv

he he.. ya.. a real cuty !  :)

Thunda

Todd & I LOVE your tank!

I can't wait to see updates!

bongo

Those are Nice shots!

Haven they been taken by your friend's super camera?

NjOyRiD

Quote from: Bongo on April 20, 2011, 07:23:32 AM
              Those are Nice shots!

Haven they been taken by your friend's super camera?

yeah! nice shots huh?
              370g System

bongo

yeah I like how the shots trully reflect the actual tank

I just can't take a good shoot... tried white balance and even play with the blue levels

my shots are too blue with my camera

NjOyRiD

Update 02/05/11

I bought another Vertez-15 for my gfo. Lookin good!!
              370g System

dan2x38

Very nice setup! Love the Bellus Angel personal fav. just afraid to buy one then loss it at their price... no Nemo for your daughter in there? LOL
              Voltaire:
              "I may not agree with what you have to say,
              but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

NjOyRiD

Quote from: dan2x38 on May 03, 2011, 11:53:47 PM
              Very nice setup! Love the Bellus Angel personal fav. just afraid to buy one then loss it at their price... no Nemo for your daughter in there? LOL

yes i have 3 :)
              370g System

dan2x38

Quote from: NjOyRiD on May 04, 2011, 05:52:32 AM
              yes i have 3 :)

Trying to make me jealous? Now I don't like your tank anymore! ;) LOL
              Voltaire:

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

NjOyRiD

haha Jet, thanx for that pic!!
              370g System

dan2x38

WOW very nice candy cane colony that is huge... cool!
              Voltaire:

JetJumper

Are you shutting down your tank?  With all the stuff for sale in your ad, seems like you are closing your tank down with nothing left.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: JetJumper on May 08, 2011, 10:57:19 PM
              Are you shutting down your tank?  With all the stuff for sale in your ad, seems like you are closing your tank down with nothing left.

nah, they are just frags of my corals lol
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: 29/05/11

-added another clown fish
              -still trying to find a blue throat trigger, if you know where i can find one, let me know. thank you
              370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

JetJumper

Just curious, but why don't you take a lot of that rock you have and put it in the DT?  The DT looks soooooo empty :(

NanoSF

Better yet, why don't you put a picture of what your tank actually looks like now?

Jet: He has added a lot of rock, but for some reason is showing an old picture.

NjOyRiD

hehe true, I have a big wall in the middle now
              picture will come soon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4y8ybpJrY
              370g System

Severum

I saw Fishtail with a bluethroat last week when I stopped by. Not sure if they still have it. If was a bigger trigger. like 6"+.

An A+ fish though. If I can find a smaller one I'll be all over it.
              Regards,
              Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

NjOyRiD

oh!! haha i went and get it! hes massive!
              very shy, didnt come out yet, still in his cave haha
              thanx tho!
              370g System

Severum

Good to hear. Now only if I can swing a commission for my recommendation. Lets say 50% off an MP60 sounds right. :)

It took my last trigger a while to come out but once he was comfortable he was the star of the tank. He was lost to a horrific powerhead accident. :*(
              Regards,
              Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

NjOyRiD

humm, i just bought a mp60, i will put it in the tank tomorrow LOL
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update 05/07/11

added a pink tail trigger today, hes doing fine with others and came out really quick out of the cave!
              (blue throat trigger is still hiding after 2 weeks)
              370g System

Severum

I'd be interested to see how that pinktail does with your inverts. They are not as friendly as Xanthichthys triggers. Then again your experience may vary because all fish have different personalities, yadda yadda yadda...

One of my attempted bluethroat replacements would do nothing but hide until one day he didn't come out.

Regards,
              Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

NjOyRiD

Update 13/07/11

-Bought mp60 to replace my 2 koralia magnums 8
              - added lots of snails, hermits, Fancy Tiger Brittle Star, Sand sifting star
              - added Tailspot Blenny, Fowleri Tang, Yellow Tang, Striped Bristletooth Tang, Spotted Cardinal, Black and White Clownfish
              - 3 Brain Corals
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: July 18th

- We lost power for 14h...got stuck at the cottage because of those trees on the ground and couldnt go home start my battery backup. I was able to be at home at 7am this morning. REsults; so far i see my rubyhead wrasse and one coral banded shrimp dead. now getting ready for a water change.
              370g System

Severum

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the rest of your inhabitants fair better.
              Regards,
              Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

NjOyRiD

I'm gonna know more at 2pm when the actinics will go on..
              I want them off to reduce stress for a while.
              But i see all my tangs alive, all my triggers...
              370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: 02/10/11

We started the frag tank project, mmaisonneuve is helping me out with this project
              It consist of adding a small 40g breeder tank as a grow out for my main tank

First step was doing the drywall, then patching everything up. And now, first coat of primer

more details and pictures soon
              370g System

salvini55

aww yeah, that is a healthy dose of tasty pics

Cheebs

NjOyRiD

370g System

kole18

nice tank lot's of space to swim around your fish & corals too.

NjOyRiD

Update 11/10/11

- 4th coat of paint is done
              - the floor is done
              370g System

ToX

How do you like the mp60? Do you have anything else for flow?

I also bought a 220g, I have a mp40w already. Do you think 1 mp40 and one mp60 would be enough?

NjOyRiD

I really like it. it does the job.
              But I will get another one, just to make sure i dont have detrius stuck on the other side somewhere
              so your mp40 will be alright on the other side.

370g System

kole18

nice tank man, as well the selection of tangs. what happend to all your sps corals that would be really nice to see those branches of acro there in your tank ;D but really nice set up of LR's 3 island apart.

NjOyRiD

its growing slowly hehe
              i recently changed my bulbs to 15k. i see a big difference in growth

also, my frag tank is ready; will post pictures soon.
              370g System

kole18

oh i see, no wonder i was looking at your tank's pic seems like all your sps corals much not to see. hey is that the 15k XM? i'd find 15k XM its almost same color as of 14k phoenix. because my old 65g im only using 1 bulb there 250w 15k XM but the color really same as the phoenix 14k.

NjOyRiD

yup it is. I like it, i will stick with them now. and 50$ a bulb is cheap. I like it...
              370g System

vic622

Vic
              120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
              Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
              Serpae Tetra
              Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

NjOyRiD

370g System

kole18

where did you get your bulb? that's really cheap price hmmm i was thinking to get a pair of DE 150w for my 70g.

NjOyRiD

370g System

Malyon18

Hookup

Things are starting to color up nicely.

Great job

az

do you have a theme in mind Phil? if not I'd add more rock and make 3 big islands.
              AQUA VALLEY    

2016 Hours
              Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
              Mon >> CLOSED
              www.aquavalley.ca

NjOyRiD

yeah, in the future, I'd like to lift left and right Island
              and get rid of all mush and LPs
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: 15/12/11

My left and Right Island got lifted
              pictures to come
              370g System

yellowtang

Your tank is awful Phil... Time for you to downgrade
              To a 33g buddy...  :P :P :P
              Phil your tank has come a long way and
              Maturing rapidly....are u thinking of adding
              More live rock? Or u like an open concept look.
              Either way it looks fantastic...
              Cheers
              38G REEF

NjOyRiD

370g System

jshchrtn

Looks great, wish I had a tank that size!

NjOyRiD

Quote from: jshchrtn on December 26, 2011, 04:16:34 PM
              Looks great, wish I had a tank that size!

Thank you very much
              370g System

kole18

That tank is very empressive 3 islands really amazing more corals :)

NjOyRiD

Quote from: kole18 on December 26, 2011, 07:42:58 PM
              That tank is very empressive 3 islands really amazing more corals :)

corals are coming slowly, i get frags, i like to see them grow
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update: 02/02/12

• Copperband for Apt prob
              • Tiger pistol shrimp
              • orp probe
              • New Di canister, a BIG one

Did the big 6 month maintenance today, well it took me 2 days haha

• Cleaning the calcium reactor
              • replenish hard calcium
              • put all pumps, skimmer and powerheads in vinegar for 5 hours and clean them well after
              • cleaning the bottom of the equipment tank
              • replenish all medias, gfo, bio pellets, carbon
              • cleaning the bottom of the sump for all the crap
              • and I finished with a Big water change, bigger then usual

370g System

brotherluv

Your tank looks great!  How does vinegar help your powerheads and skimmer?  How do you clean them off afterwards?  What is an orp probe?  Are copperband butterflies the ones that can sting you?  What is gfo media?  How much carbon do you use and do you only have to change once every 6 months?  Lol sorry for all the questions...

NjOyRiD

Vinegar clean the whole thing, algea, coraline, dusters, all you have to do is wipe.

orp probe; heres some infos for you. hey dont blame me for the headache after reading that haha
              http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-12/rhf/feature/index.php

copperband butterfly can sting? lol

GFO = granular ferric oxide ( removes phosphate)
              http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/rhf/index.php
              I use 1 gram per gallon
              i chnage them when I reach .03 ppm

Carbon =  ½ cup for every 40 gallons
              I chnage them same time as gfo

hope it helped

370g System

DaWolfe

Your tank looks great! Very NICE!  It almost makes me want to make the switch to salt again....

Good job!

NjOyRiD

Quote from: DaWolfe on February 02, 2012, 09:59:03 PM
              Your tank looks great! Very NICE!  It almost makes me want to make the switch to salt again....

Good job!

you should, I,ll help you out :)
              370g System

brotherluv

Cool thanks for answering my questions...I guess I was thinking of the foxface rabbitfish that stings not the CBB.

Darth

how is the foxface eating? I keep reading mixed reviews, some say the ones that will the aptasia don't eat other food and they are really hard to keep, because they don't eat and will eat corals any probs yet? does he eat the aptasia and reg frozen foods, pellets or flakes? Please inquiring minds want to know I love that fish one of my favs

NjOyRiD

370g System

bt

Think he means the CBB, based on the "eats aiptasia" part.

NjOyRiD

Yeah its doing a good job on the apt
              These fish are very fragile and hard to keep alive

Rigjt now he didnt touch my food
              Also had to put a protective pad on my mp60
              370g System

Darth

Darth

I would love to get one they are such beautiful fish, I just hate it when fish die =( had the filefish that did wonders on it, but it started eating my corals =( so I had to get rid of him

az

new islands def looking nice but give it some time :) 
              fingers crossed on the cbb.

AQUA VALLEY    

2016 Hours
              Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
              Mon >> CLOSED
              www.aquavalley.ca

NjOyRiD

Bah, copperband died last night, stuck on my mp60...

Ill be trying new buterflies, read the long 32 pages on reef central for more options on a reef safe butterfly

so Az, show me what you can get :) haha
              370g System

kole18

NjOyRiD

Quote from: kole18 on April 21, 2012, 08:39:22 PM
              that's sucks bro :(

It happens i guess
              I really like the pyramid butterfly but they dont eat apstasia...
              370g System

kole18

The one i had before seems easy to keep, i ended up selling because of my purple tang aggression. Don't you worry bro you'll get one its easy for you to keep specially that size of tank should be able to keep 1, just sometimes luck wouldn't work even though you've got bigger tank goodluck by the way bro how's the kole tang?

NjOyRiD

I think its doing good, i gave it to seb to thank him to go to your place for me haha

Dusky is doing great, nice female :)

man I'd like to upgrade again. i need to find a compagny that can build right out of my basement...
              370g System

kole18

Oh good to hear about that bro.

NjOyRiD

Update: 24/04/12

new pictures:

- changed my RODI from 7 stages to 5, but with a bigger Di canister

- Has of april, decided to go on growth mode, thats means, higher parameters

Nitrate: 5
              Magnesium: 1400ppm
              Calcium: 460 ppm
              Phosphate: 0
              Alk: 12 dkh
              Temp: 78-80
              Salinity 1.025
              Ph: 8.40

- I'm adding 60 ml of magnesium weekly now.
              370g System

kole18

NjOyRiD

Update: 2/04/12

- Added a pic of my kalkwsser reactor

- Im adding iodine with Red sea reef colors A, Amin and Power Trace 1 via Bubble Magus doser and Seaside Aquatics liquid containers (2.5L)

- added Scooter Blenny (Synchiropus ocellatus), Achilles Tang (Acanthurus achilles), Banghai Cardinalfish (Pterapogon kauderni)

370g System

JetJumper

What size of pump is feeding the Kalk reactor?

NjOyRiD

mj1200 is doin the job, and i woulnd go less
              370g System

Cheebs

Very nice tank. An Achilles Tang too, wow! Keep us posted on how it goes with it, I've heard they can be a challenge.

kole18

Hey phil, how's the achilles doing you've got 240g must be that tang really happy to have that space to swim around 8)

NjOyRiD

Its been a while I have the Achilles, everything is doign good, no aggression at all
              swimming, whoa, he loves the space because I only have 3 islands, lots of room(no choice with all these tangs)
              and with the mp60, this is the perfect set up for achilles

For ick, everytime i put my hands in water, the spots will appear but then the next day, they are gone again.
              I read in RC, must ppl put UV to help them not get ick....might go that way someday
              370g System

NjOyRiD

Update 01/05/12

-added a pic of my bio pellets that I forgot to show

-added pics of my fish

-updated pic of the frag tank
              370g System

kole18

Phil very nice fish selection :).

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

Update 03/15/12

- added pictures of

- long Spined Urchin
              - BTA
              - purple Tube anemone

370g System

shannon333

Wow!!
              Totally spectacular tank!!!

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

Hookup

Love the fish...  Looking good

kole18

nice phil, you've got more beautiful fish than corals ;D ohhhh that achilles is so amazing.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: kole18 on May 18, 2012, 10:07:00 AM
              nice phil, you've got more beautiful fish than corals ;D ohhhh that achilles is so amazing.

yeah he has been picky n food tho
              i got to find more otptions
              370g System

NjOyRiD

The achilles died while I was away to the cottage this weekend.
              not sure why, all parameters are perfect..humm ????
              370g System

kole18

That's sucks Phil , nice tang but really hard to keep though . :(

NjOyRiD

Update: 21/05/12

Update: switching for Red Sea coral pro salt
              will be mixing my old and new salt for 2 months
              370g System

kole18

Oh nice you've start using this salt Phil  8)

NjOyRiD

Update 08/06/12

- Added a Cream Angelfish (Apolemichthys xanthurus)
              370g System

kole18

I hate dwarf angels, their beautiful but seems like always gives me a trouble keeping those fish in my tank. recently i'd bought a potter angel but it didn't last in my tank ended up trading back to mscape due to hobbits of nipping corals. i'd love my sps vs dwarf angel, maybe i'll get a genacanthus angel once i get a bit bigger tank. but now im enjoying my small tank corals are growing crazy sooner later i have frag it all. always have a nice fish phil.

NjOyRiD

hes actually bigger then my emperor angelfish
              I got him to get rid of some zoa in my tank.
              other then that it is reef safe
              370g System

Achilles

Just wanted to say really nice tank. I really enjoyed the video.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: Achilles on June 09, 2012, 08:32:06 AM
              Just wanted to say really nice tank. I really enjoyed the video.

thank you :)
              370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

kole18

phil more coralsssssssss ;D nice tank man!

NjOyRiD

Update ausgust 2nd

- Change my bulbs to 10k and its very ugly hehe
              coralife 400w, 10k is very very yellow
              370g System

tophoo

Change that bulb for a Fiji purple.  Love those

mmaisonneuve

MH Sucks change those for Radion LED ASAP
              90g Tank, 50g Sump. Super Reef Octopus 2000 skimmer , 1 Bio Beads reactor, 1 GFO Reactor, 1 Carbon Reactor, 2 Ecotech Radion XR30w, 3 Vortech MP10w ES,  Eheim 1260 Return Pump. AquaController Apex System. SPS Reef with Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Dejardini Tang, Mated pair Madanrin, Clown, Purple Fire Fish, Bengali Cardinals, Coral Beauty. Tons and tons of Snail and Hermits

kole18

10k is good if your going to supplement w/ RB LEDs . Mscape display tank 90g 10k combination of RB LEDs /T5 actinic blue corals are doing crazy that purple stag there it's growing wild specially the color is amazing.

NjOyRiD

I have no choice to find more supplments, my tank is really ugly
              i dont want to show it to anybody hehe
              370g System

kole18

Phil maybe put more corals you know:)

redbelly

Why did you go with the coralife 10k?

NjOyRiD

Quote from: redbelly on August 06, 2012, 02:21:10 AM
              Why did you go with the coralife 10k?

I had one in spare
              and money is really rare right now, just ordered another one.

and I really had to switch the bulbs, i could see the differences in my sps

so now, gotta tough it out for 10 months
              370g System

redbelly

Thats a good reason :)

Just dont know too many people running coralife lamps.

Are you getting good growth?
              And color?

NjOyRiD

Quote from: redbelly on August 06, 2012, 04:33:11 PM
              Thats a good reason :)

Just dont know too many people running coralife lamps.

Are you getting good growth?
              And color?

Thats the only reason I got that lamp.
              i put it last week so ill let you know about the growth, but the color, awful awful
              very ugly

i need to borrow a 48 inch reefbrite for 10 months haha
              370g System

kole18

Xm 10k's not bad compare to coralife Phil. You should try it man, mscape that's what they used to their display tank as well the others tank.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: kole18 on August 07, 2012, 01:39:16 PM
              Xm 10k's not bad compare to coralife Phil. You should try it man, mscape that's what they used to their display tank as well the others tank.

I had 15k Xm, loved them
              like i said, it was just a financial issue thats why i got the 10k
              370g System

kole18

14k Phoenix mine, as well financial issue here too. Thinking getting AI or Kessil before of this year.

NjOyRiD

Update Dec 17th

• new pics

• New lights, 3x Radions Xr30w G2

• New fish
              • new fish pictures

• New frag tank Pic

370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

NjOyRiD

@Ray; that angel I got from you, wont change color LOL
              370g System

Cheebs

Very nice fish, and the tank is looking great. Good job!

NjOyRiD

Quote from: Chubs on February 11, 2013, 10:45:11 PM
              Very nice fish, and the tank is looking great. Good job!

the tank  is 3 years old now
              thanx for the kind words
              370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

Darth

I thought niger triggers werent reef safe, you have no issues with him?

NjOyRiD

got lucky, hes 100% reef safe. But again, depends on the fish personality itself
              hes been in my tank over 2 years, no issues
              370g System

NjOyRiD

370g System

yellowtang

Is always nice to see your tank phil.
              Is been a long work process, but has paid off .
              So I heard you are converting it into a fresh water set up?
              Lol lol lol ;) ;) ;D ;D
              38G REEF

NjOyRiD

Quote from: yellowtang on February 21, 2013, 11:12:47 PM
              Is always nice to see your tank phil.
              Is been a long work process, but has paid off .
              So I heard you are converting it into a fresh water set up?
              Lol lol lol ;) ;) ;D ;D

never :P
              370g System

ramblnpony

Great video Phil and nice variety of fish!

NjOyRiD

370g System