New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Closing Down a pond

Started by xiaan, April 07, 2011, 01:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiaan

We have just sold our house but It looks like the new owners do not care to have a pond in the backyard (I think they are planning on renting the place out). I am planning on taking some of my plants, Skimmer, Pump and Waterfall/Filter with me (I plann on setting it up at the new house) what should I do with the rest of the pond Liner Rocks etc. Should I just leave it and let them deal with it or price the liner and fill in the pond with top soil? It is a small 400G-500G pond.

JetJumper

Quote from: xiaan on April 07, 2011, 01:53:44 PM
We have just sold our house but It looks like the new owners do not care to have a pond in the backyard (I think they are planning on renting the place out). I am planning on taking some of my plants, Skimmer, Pump and Waterfall/Filter with me (I plann on setting it up at the new house) what should I do with the rest of the pond Liner Rocks etc. Should I just leave it and let them deal with it or price the liner and fill in the pond with top soil? It is a small 400G-500G pond.

Fill it, probably not worth your time to remove it.  Or if they don't care, just leave it for them to deal with.  If its not in the contract for the house deal then leave it.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

HappyGuppy

Quote from: JetJumper on April 07, 2011, 01:56:42 PM
Fill it, probably not worth your time to remove it.  Or if they don't care, just leave it for them to deal with.  If its not in the contract for the house deal then leave it.

1) Agree with JetJumper, to just leave it, unless in contract otherwise

2) Usually things that are "permanent" should not be removed, unless otherwise in contract.  (think chatelles).  You should be fine to take pump/filter/skimmer but the pond should remain, otherwise you could be in breach of the sale as the property is sold with everything they saw.

3) Talk to your realtor about this.  There are legal implications of doing anything to the pond and s/he will help you to deal with it.  If you want to remove the pond to install at your new place then you need written document from the buyers granting you permission to do so, and again your real estate agent should help you with that.

xiaan

We put the pond in the excisions just in case the new home owners did not want it so it is ok to take it down I just do not want to leave a hole in the ground that water will accumulate.