New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Water Ban

Started by 4x6x2gold, April 29, 2011, 08:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x6x2gold

Anybody have any ideas on how to pressure wash my pond and then refill it with a water ban? I plan on draining old water into barrells and clean containers, but still need water for cleaning and will likely need more for refilling it. Damn city!

bitterman

Do a covert operation in the middle of the night?   j/k

You can get a truck to deliver water for ponds and pools.... but it will cost you $$$$$

Good luck!

B

Saltcreep

Make the city believe it's a planted hot tub. They said they would fill, and top up pools and hot tubs (no kiddie pools though). Sorry, the tongue-in-cheek answers to your question are innumerable.

Cbellehumeur

we have our pressure washer hooked upto barrels so you can do that for cleaning but i guess your only other option is to load the barrels into the back of a truck and fill them up at someone house and do that a couple million times, lol.

p.s i wouldn't trust water from a water truck...if you have fish. I know from my job that those trucks aren't sanitary and would kill fish. pools have systems and chlorine to clean up that water

dan2x38

I'd call 311 and ask if you qualify for that top off like the pools and hot tubs. I think your case is just if not more important!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Brent Shaver

Use our wet season to your advantage.  Fill rain barrels, cheap and rain water will not hurt the fish.  Although I am not sure how large your pond is so might not work.

Shawn84

I feel really bad for everyone that is in the effected area of this water ban. Good luck with your aquarium. :(
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Nerine

but if you are under water ban, aren't you under boil advisory as well?

if so...would you want your fish in bad water??
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Nerine

never mind, I just checked the website!  hmm quite the ban!

From reading this I am not sure about ponds...doesn't look good for them
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Saltcreep

Quote from: Nerine on April 29, 2011, 10:16:18 PM
but if you are under water ban, aren't you under boil advisory as well?

if so...would you want your fish in bad water??

Not in this case .... yet. The city says that low pressure, which could lead to a boil water advisory, is what they're trying to avoid with this. There is a boil water advisory in Munster Hamlet because they are on a community well system, and the power outage yesterday caused the low pressure situation there.

JetJumper

QuoteThe city is setting up a $2-million contingency fund to pay for the cost of hauling in water to swimming pools and to plant nurseries. It will also provide a $50 rebate if you go out and purchase a rainwater barrel and save your own water.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/04/27/ottawa-water-ban.html

Looks like you can get some kind of help?
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

4x6x2gold

Thanks for all your suggestions. Especially the covert operation.
Managed to drain and clean out, but pressure washer would not work with rain barrel. City coming to fill pond for free on Sunday. I can treat water before returning fish can't I? Fish in old pond water in rubbermaid container.

Vicki