New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Goldfish Breeding question

Started by 4x6x2gold, May 16, 2011, 02:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x6x2gold

I have 2 comets and 2 shubunkins. 1 comet is definitely got a swollen belly and is being chased for the past week by both shubunkins who  have white bumps on their gills and edges of pectoral fins. I have made a spawning mop because I don't have enough plants yet. My question is, how long will this go on before she lays the eggs. I have a small goldfish bowl waiting to save some fry.
Ps. Survived the water ban. Water delivered by city and full.

Nerine

let me tell ya a goldfish bowl will NOT I repeat WILL NOT hold the babies!! you need an established tank with a lot of filtration. Fry eat a lot, but goldfish produce a LOT of waste!!! so you will need adequate filtration to ensure the fry live!

the male will spray the eggs after she lays them, and the water might get cloudy...my female had a LOT of eggs (she was also around 10 yrs old), I dont remember how many, but the fry were kept in a 55 gallon tank, and it was fairly full!!!

their courtship will last until she lays eggs... how are they doing?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts