New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Our Figure 8 Puffer

Started by Thunda, July 21, 2011, 10:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunda

We will be going out to make the rounds to the local shops today (kinda something we do each friday/saturday).  If we see more puffers we'll be sure to post where :)

Thunda

Well we did our first set of rounds today seeing I was off.  We didn't see any other brackish puffers at any of our stops though.  Might try the Big Al's in the west end of town though..

Thunda

Well, we alclamated him to our 30 gal tank. our 3 stripped Damsel is NOT like him one bit! it kept harassing the puffer every chance it got!

so we moved the puffer to our 125 gal tank.

It's been 2 hours & he is playing in the currents & exploring his new home. the other fish we have in there are not bugging him at all.

Darth

Thunda

Not the best picture so we'll get a new one tomorrow once the lights are back on.  So far seems to be doing well and almost seems like he has a smile on his face.   ;D

Thunda

Here is a better picture of the puffer out exploring :)

Thunda

well, we had to move him form t he 125 gal tank back to teh 10 gal last night. he wasn't really eating & I was starting to get worried. plus I thik the powerheads were creatign to much of a current for him.  :(

this morning when I went to check up on him, i noticed that 1 eye was clouded over. so not sure if he has a disease, got attacked by something, or got caught in a current & slammed his eye into a rock.

but at least he's swimming around!

we'll be feeding him later on today.

-Lisa

dan2x38

Mine was like that for awhile but he acclimated. What are you feeding him? At first I mixed some frozen blood worm in with brine shrimp to entice him more.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Greatwhite

The cloudy eye could also be from the net, getting him out of the 125...  I've had this happen before when buying fish.  It usually cleared up in a day or 2.  I hope it's nothing more serious.

Thunda

we feed him "Omega One Freeze Dried SHrimp"

I fed him yesterday, but he didn't eat.

His colour seems to be off... but I think he's sleeping. lol

I'll try to feed him again later today.

I'll try some frozen Brine shrimp later today & see how that goes.

*crosses fingers*

Jimbo

Whatever happened to the puffer? Did it recover?