New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gauging interest in regular get togethers

Started by charlie, September 17, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bizfromqc

Quote from: charlie on January 16, 2012, 11:56:17 AM
Never mind the escape artist has being found under the seat of my car  :P  :-[

Woohoo!

2075turner

Great!  I took a look around my place and didn't see anything after you had called.  You didn't leave a return phone number and forgot to ask when I had posted earlier.  Glad you found the cave.

Also, who brought the veggie platter?  I have your plate and dip bowl.  I can bring it next monday to the meeting if you are going to be there.

Cheers, Evelyn

Monte

I got my Eheim diffuser at Big Al's can't remember the price.
40 Gallon Breeder

DaWolfe

Just joined the forum, and unfortunately missed this get together  :( , if permitting I will join you next time. 

BTW I am looking for purchase (nothing to swap/exchange at this time because it is a new setup) some plants.  I did place a LF add in the classifieds, hopefully I can connect with some members.

Cheers
DaWolfe

Monte

Here is a picture of my Diffuser. It is a little different from the one shown on the link left by Errol.
40 Gallon Breeder

daworldisblack

Thanks Errol and Steve! What are you using it with? A reg CO2 set-up or a DIY one? I was reading up and some claim the Fluval ones are finicky when it comes to Paintball DIY CO2 set-ups like I have. Anyone have experience with this?
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Monte

I will be using it with a compressed co2 system once I get my tank set up in the coming weeks.If you look at the picture I posted you can see that the bubbles are adjustable right at the diffuser. I was told it works really well. That has yet to be seen.
40 Gallon Breeder

Monte

Does anyone remember the name of that hydroponic store Errol mentioned near Cyrville road where you can get compressed co2. I can't find it on-line at all.
40 Gallon Breeder

charlie

Quote from: Monte on January 16, 2012, 05:03:50 PM
Does anyone remember the name of that hydroponic store Errol mentioned near Cyrville road where you can get compressed co2. I can't find it on-line at all.
Brite Lite Hydroponics

pm

Quote from: daworldisblack on January 16, 2012, 04:14:36 PM
Thanks Errol and Steve! What are you using it with? A reg CO2 set-up or a DIY one? I was reading up and some claim the Fluval ones are finicky when it comes to Paintball DIY CO2 set-ups like I have. Anyone have experience with this?

I had it connected to a paintball setup... probably similar to yours  ;)  It worked fine, the key is that they need a little pressure to get going, but too much pressure is bad.  Remember a paintball setup without a regulator can let out 800psi if you aren't carefull.  too much pressure and you can break the disk.

charlie

Maybe we should be discussing this in the DIY equipment forum?
But i`ll chip in for clarification
@ Steve - that Eheim Diffuser you show is really a air diffuser /air stone & not meant for co2/ that said it will work in a pinch but note both the dedicated Eheim CO2 diffuser i linked & the Fluval one will out perform that one, considering the cost i would suggest you go with the Fluval or if you prefer the Eheim, even the Lime wood air block will out perform the Eheim air diffuser, this is only my personal opinion from testing & using all of the above.
Rah as i mentioned yesterday & as you witness from the Small examples i showed i pretty much explored most of the different co2 diffusing methods  :), & the Fluval ceramic is a personal  favorite of mine best bang for buck, keep in mind i would only suggest them for smaller tanks below 30 gallons .
Regards

Monte

Thanks for clarifying it for me Errol. Big AL's is getting back their air diffuser. I have a 40 gallon tank what would be the best for me to use. Seeing you have tested every method out there. Thanks for the name of that hydroponics store as well.
40 Gallon Breeder

charlie

Quote from: Monte on January 16, 2012, 06:07:29 PM
Thanks for clarifying it for me Errol. Big AL's is getting back their air diffuser. I have a 40 gallon tank what would be the best for me to use. Seeing you have tested every method out there. Thanks for the name of that hydroponics store as well.
Not every but most ;D
I would give the Fluval or the Eheim diffuser a shot, even after saying i would not recocmend the fluval for tanks larger than 30 glns  :D

bettabreeder

count me in for the next meeting! sadly i had to work all day yesterday and was unable to attend. looking forward to the next meeting as im venturing into the planted aquarium for the first time!

ajm1961

Okay, three times the charm I hope (uploaded but files too big...).
Here are some pics I took at the meeting. A bit late, sorry Errol!
Had a great time - thanks to Evelyn for hosting. Love the fish room!!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

ajm1961

Monte

Great pictures Andre, Thanks for posting them. Evelyn's Discus where truly amazing. It was a great plantaholics meeting.Looking forward to the next one.
40 Gallon Breeder

bizfromqc

Speaking of the next meeting... Should we talk to the OVAS executive and maybe get the "event" added to the calendar and/or on the home page to raise its visibility?

just a thought...

charlie

Thanks for posting the pics Andre , especially the one of the great dishes  ;D hmmmmmmm  :)
Errol