New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Starfire 79 gallon tank build

Started by charlie, November 09, 2011, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: dbl_dbl on March 04, 2014, 11:03:08 PM
Looks fantastic Errol!
Thanks you, plants have grown in quite a bit.
I will update a picture soon to reflect that.
Errol
P.S. again I appeal to all who keep planted tanks to share a picture or 2 with us, there is quite a few that have planted tanks that others will be happy to see & learn - it`s not a competition guys, it`s about sharing & promoting your passion in the hobby

charlie

Got Fish?

daworldisblack

Very Nice Errol! I like how it transitions from green to orange and red in the back!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

exv152

Very nice Errol. What's that open-ended lily pipe on the left, is it the intake?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

thanks all, picture is not of quality it should be but just wanted to share.
The open end pipe is a result of the lily part broke & I cut it .
Errol

charlie

Sometime in Nov/Dec. I got a pot of Pogo (about 5 or 6 plants)that was almost dead with yellowing leaves, I bought it since I was looking for it locally after farming it before.
here is what those half dead pogo look like now in fluval substrate that has done it`s thing since 2011.I`m over the moon

Regards
I have already pulled a few for someone

daworldisblack

charlie

Jeff1192

Nice. That was one of my favourite plants when I kept my big planted tank
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

exv152

Is that pogo you bought in scarborough? If you ever have some shoots you don't need...
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on May 01, 2014, 08:41:38 PM
Is that pogo you bought in scarborough? If you ever have some shoots you don't need...
Yep same one.
Remind me when you come by.

fischkopp

That's quite a bit of pogo weed growing in your tank there! Have you ever considered other weeds?  :o

;D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Quote from: fischkopp on May 02, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
That's quite a bit of pogo weed growing in your tank there! Have you ever considered other weeds?  :o

;D
Have to admit yes ;) ........

but they grow too fast for me & cannot keep up with the weekly pruning, hence why I like pogo  :)

charlie

daworldisblack

speechless and drooling! I can only dream - Really nicely done!

exv152

The picture looks amazing but even it does not do the real thing justice. ;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Mike L

That looks absolutely amazing. I showed the pictures to my wife and she said "Why can't you do something like that". I smiled and shook my head. Well done.
Mike

charlie

Thanks guys.
Mike, come out this Sat. contact wolfiewill for details, I`m sure there is a bunch of helping hands that will guide you  ;) thus making your hobby & wife very happy  :P.
Errol
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=58040.msg326354#new