New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics Anonymous - Next get together is on March 18th, 2012

Started by sylros, February 03, 2012, 02:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylros

Hi,

The last get together was such a success that it was decided to plan regular get togethers every couple of months.

The next one is on March 18th, 2012 from 1p.m. until the end... at my place which is:
454 Edison Ave
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1T9
tel: 613-695-3598

It's in Westboro near Newport Pizza on Churchill. Edison is parallel to Churchill, turn on Ravenhill and we're the 2nd house on Edison Ave.

If I could get a RSVPs for those planning on attending and what you'll be bringing, that would be great!

Also, is there anyone that would like to present their tanks and share lessons learned? I'd love to have a show and tell...even if it's just pictures...it would be easy to view them on TV...we've got the equipment.

Thanks!
Sylvie

bizfromqc

I'm going to get the ball rolling.

I'm in and will bring a fruit tray.

:)

Monte

Count me in too Sylvie. I know your area well. I grew up on Winona Ave. a couple of blocks from your place. I will be bringing a Veggy tray and dip. ;)
40 Gallon Breeder

charlie

Well if Eric & Monty is going so am i  :D - i`ll decide later what i`m bringing.
Errol

Brine

Peekay

Me too. 
I'm bringing NAMETAGS! 
And something to eat.  But I'll decide that in March.  :)

touchofsky

I am going to attend, too, and I'm looking forward to it.  I'll decide closer to the date what to bring.  I can bake something  :)

fischkopp

It's still to early to commit for me, but the date is marked down.

I can bring a sixpack or two. Or some grape juice if that suits everyone better.  :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

DaWolfe

Peekay

Quote from: fischkopp on February 04, 2012, 12:27:12 AM
I can bring a sixpack or two. Or some grape juice if that suits everyone better.  :)

I like how you roll!   :)

bettabreeder

Count me in too. I could bring a dessert or something of that nature. Mayb some man sodas as well

daworldisblack

lol.. looks like all the usual suspects and then some :p I'm in! As for what imma be bringing.. hmm.. no clue just yet!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

bizfromqc

Quote from: daworldisblack on February 04, 2012, 04:41:39 PM
lol.. looks like all the usual suspects and then some :p I'm in! As for what imma be bringing.. hmm.. no clue just yet!

I got an idea for you Rah, some Needle Leaf Fern for your PA friends :)

pm

I plan on making it, but like others, it is too early for me to 100% confirm.  Food is TBD.

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

sylros

Hey everyone,

I've got some java moss that needs trimming...does anyone want some. There will probably be some water sprite - fast growing stem plant. Hornwort too. As you can see, these are beginner plants and they grow fast. Low light seem to be fine...I don't even put any ferts in my small tank and they are still OK.

Let as I'll put some aside...

Sylvie

charlie

I noticed Robert has pledged to do a live demo on the application of the vinyl back ground ( thanks Robert), so if anyone has an empty tank that would like to have this application on please indicate here with dimensions, preferably a smaller tank , i will supply the vinyl.
Errol

2075turner

freshfishies

Quote from: charlie on February 10, 2012, 05:50:58 AM
I noticed Robert has pledged to do a live demo on the application of the vinyl back ground ( thanks Robert), so if anyone has an empty tank that would like to have this application on please indicate here with dimensions, preferably a smaller tank , i will supply the vinyl.
Errol

Would a 2.5gal be too small? That's all I've got that's empty!
I would love to join the plant party, so just let me know.
I can also bring a 6 pack..what's a good choice? Corona, coors?
And I might bring something baked...I'll see closer to the date.

freshfishies

Quote from: sylros on February 10, 2012, 01:33:22 AM
Hey everyone,

I've got some java moss that needs trimming...does anyone want some. There will probably be some water sprite - fast growing stem plant. Hornwort too. As you can see, these are beginner plants and they grow fast. Low light seem to be fine...I don't even put any ferts in my small tank and they are still OK.

Let as I'll put some aside...

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie!
I would love some more moss. I got rid of a ton awhile back and now find myself in need again (of course). lol. Looking forward to the plant meeting! :)
Jasmine