New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Giant Auction Volunteers needed!

Started by robt18, February 06, 2012, 05:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Hey everyone,

As you all know the Giant Auction is quickly approaching - Sunday March 4th! The GA is always a great, fun day with tons of cool stuff to see and buy, but we need your help to keep it running smoothly!

We are looking for volunteers to be runners, auctioneers, cashiers, help run the snack booth, doors, setup and more! If you're willing to help please PM myself or Alysa (Nerine) and let us know! If you have a specific job you would like to do note it, if you are willing to help in general also let us know and we'll find you a job and show you what to do!

Thanks in advance and we'll see you at the auction!

Rob

drboeing

ill help with raffle tickets if that's available!

Nerine

Please PM me with your name and desired positions! I need them for your volunteer tags and lunch tickets!

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

drboeing

When is the auction?  Mr Boeing and I look forward to it every year.

wandmangels

Fishnut

Here are the things that you can possibly do:

Auctioneer - you need to be very familiar with the way we do the auctions and it helps to be good at pronouncing latin names

Runner - bring items to the auctioneers and then to the cashier after someone has won the item (great position for careful kids)

Set-up and tear down - self explanatory

OVAS Cafe - sell snacks and drinks in the lunch room

Organization Assistance - help number the tables, direct people to the right exec or volunteer for whatever they need, help people get their bags tagged properly and on the correct table

Greeter(s) - make sure everyone who comes in gets a bidding card and/or something to write with; help direct them to the right place/person.

rockgarden

Some time in the next two weeks, I will be posting a new blog entry to my website  (www.megapixeltravel.com) to help make the general public more aware of the OVAS Giant Auction and the OVAS Earth Day Event.  

I'll be including a link back to the last two years of my Giant Auction blog entries and include Google map links as well as basic info about the times, etc. for the 2012 events.  

Note: If jpgs are available for posters for either of these two upcoming events, please send them to me  (by e-mail) and I'll add them to the upcoming blog.

2011 Giant Auction: http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2011/03/ottawa-aquarium-society-ovas-annual-giant-auction-2011/
2010 Giant Auction: http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2010/03/ottawa-valley-aquarium-society-annual-auction-2010/

Bye now.  Looking forward to the event again this year.  Have to go clean out my basement  :)

Ron

sas

IF ::) the weather co-operates I'll volunteer, missed it last year
due to that big snow storm. :(
Incoming pm Nerine. :)

fischkopp

Mmh, the auction is one week away. Where are the folks that help to makes this a successful event?

Since I am there, I will help.

What about you?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

touchofsky

I would love to volunteer, however, I am having surgery on the Friday before  :(

Nerine

Just wanted to say if you've sent me a pm, I have most likely got it!! I am on holidays right now and not due to return until Thursday...so hang in there :D and thank you for volunteering!!! I appreciate it!!

On the day of the auction - look for me to get your name tags!! someone will point me out I'm sure as I will no longer have a head :D hehe
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

2075turner

I will help out with what I can.  Just can't commit to a task till I get there ;)

washefuzzy

washefuzzy

Quote from: fischkopp on February 25, 2012, 12:49:03 PM
Mmh, the auction is one week away. Where are the folks that help to makes this a successful event?

Since I am there, I will help.

What about you?

Nerine has a list of people volunteering. She received them by pm but we still need more volunteer.

smalltownfan

i'll be in. PM on the way to Nerine.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

walkytalky

Yes I would like to volunteer if I am needed. Please let me know.

Fishnut

That quiet guy who goes to the meeting...is his name Richard?  He'll be helping with Running.

Nerine

lots of quiet people at the meetings :P

limed

Last minute , I will help all through the auction if need since I normally there all day. Will try to get here
by 9:00am to find and setup the tables and chairs and maybe a runner, need the workout.

Ed

daworldisblack

So what time are vols supposed to be there at? I guess different times for different guys depending on the roles?
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!