New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

125g planted tank

Started by exv152, March 15, 2012, 11:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

This is my planted 125g I started in the summer of 2011, and was moved/restarted in Augsut 2014;

Tank - 125 gallon Marineland, 72"L x 18"W x 22"H
Controller - Neptune Apex with lab grade ph/temp probes,
Autofeeder - Neptune Apex autofeeder
CO2 system - concoa 312 dual stage regulator, 10 lbs tank, co2 DIY reactor
Lighting - 2x BML dutch planted XB series 72" fixtures
Filtration - 3x eheim 2217
UV sterilizer - 18w inline Aquatop UV sterilizer (run at night only)
Heater - 300w hydor ETH
Substrate - ADA Amazonia, approximately 10x 9L bags

Fauna gold angels, kribensis, sterbai cories, SAEs, cardinal tetras, five band tiger barbs and corydoras duplicareus
Flora - Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo', Sagittaria subulata, hydrocotyle leucocephala, marsilea hirsuta, rotala rotundifolia, rotala bonsai, anubias petite, cryptocoryne wendtii, limnophila aromatic, blyxa japonica, crinum calamistratum, red tiger lotus, potamogeton gayi, bucephalandra 'Arrogant Blue'
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

exv152

here are some photos

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Peekay

It's beautiful.
I wish I could click in on the full tank shot!  Need a better look!   :)

exv152

Quote from: Peekay on March 16, 2012, 08:20:11 AM
It's beautiful.
I wish I could click in on the full tank shot!  Need a better look!   :)

Thanks, I haven't figured out how to do the hi-res pics.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

touchofsky

Looks wonderful!  You have gorgeous angelfish and I love that you used lemon tetras with them.  I think they are under used fish, and so subtley beautiful.

daworldisblack

Looks really nice! I've been thinking of Angels for a while too now and maybe later on when I get my own place but this is definitely one tank that will fuel my interest!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Thanks I appreciate that. One thing is angelfish and then there's wild caught peruvians and I agree with lemon tetras, they have a nice yelow/green tint.  
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Peekay

Lurch1

Thanks for sharing the article and your pics. The tank looks amazing! One day I want a 220gal amazon biotope, I figure it will take a decade to wear down my wife :).

fischkopp

That's a very nice setup, one of that kind where you can tell that you care for your fish! I always like setups with a theme in mind, even more so if it is the amazon. Your fish looks stunning! Thanks for sharing!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

touchofsky

Very interesting article, and your angelfish are absolutely gorgeous.

bizfromqc

Fantastic tank and link Eric.

I'm a huge fan of the SA biotope and I've been trying to stick to it in my 25G. I dream of having a 6-7 foot SA/Amazon/blackwater tank one day  :D

exv152

Here are a couple of recent photos of my 125g as promised at the last plantaholics meet.

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

Wow, your tank is awesome.  I really like the dutch, jungle look.  ;D

How do you like that stand?  I have one under my 90 gallon and the paint is chipping away.

charlie

Quote from: lucius on April 24, 2016, 11:06:52 AM
Wow, your tank is awesome.  I really like the dutch, jungle look.  ;D

X2, WOW, why hide these beauties , really nice!!

fischkopp

Very nice, love it! Miss having a nice large wall of green in my place ...
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

exv152

Thanks Guys, much appreciated. I too love the wall of green, and it's the first time I've done this in the main living room. I thought I might regret it, but that's not the case.

Quote from: lucius on April 24, 2016, 11:06:52 AM
Wow, your tank is awesome.  I really like the dutch, jungle look.  ;D

How do you like that stand?  I have one under my 90 gallon and the paint is chipping away.

Thanks Brian. The stand is nice. I was in a pinch when I bought it, and there wasn't much to choose from. But that said, it's surprisingly light weight and I'm pretty happy with it. Mine's also beginning to show some very minor water damage, no matter how diligent I am about wiping up. But repairing it should be easy enough. The good thing is I can use this stand as a template to make another in the future. I think I can do a better job with stronger materials (ie; plywood etc).
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g