New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

75gal upgrade

Started by Feivel, March 18, 2012, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feivel

So this is it so far I thought it was a 90g untill I measured it and found out it was a 75g. Also I was going to build an aluminum checker plate stand but my boss refused the project because I if I say yes to you I got to say yes to him and him so no. understandable so heres plan "B"

blizzack1

Feivel

Feivel

How do I attach multiple pics? Im also posting off a phone ........ :-)

Feivel

Figired it oit looks like 4 max tho ..... So a clam my sump and 2 recent pics

Feivel

My favorite picture. Jist after the transfer.

Hookup

Between this thread and your lighting thread I'm confused.

If this is the tank in question.  Do nothing. It looks good.

Feivel

Just a plain old update. :-)  no questions. just showing off :-)

The light question was more for the cyano control than anything. But this thread is not about that :-) and I have learnt I can not control the cyano but the nutrients it feeds off of. since the outbreak was from using old sand theres nothing else other than riding the wave that I can do. It will evntually clear up again. It has started to thin out..

Please post in lighting post for that convo. Any other comment are more than welcome :-)

Hookup

Ok, so first. Nice tank.  Maybe I should have said that first.

Second. I don't think you understood my prior post.

I don't see any cyano or nutrient issues in this tank.  Granted I'm on my iPhone still while traveling but it looks clean and crisp.  So I'm wondering ...

Is this the tank you are talking about in the lighting thread?  Or do you have more than one tank?

Feivel

Yes this is the one and only ... for now hehe ... look at the sand bed. Actually ill post another pic.  Since a picture is worth a million words.
also those pics were just after the transfer. Its been in the 75g tor 2-3 months now ill get some fresh pics later when the lights go on.

Dakotamay

Quote from: Feivel on May 05, 2012, 11:27:28 PM
How do I attach multiple pics? Im also posting off a phone ........ :-)

I'm certain it's the same tank.   If you look at the pic in Reply #3. In the front left corner of the shot you can see cyano. It's not a bad case of it granted but it's there none the less and I agree with Feivel any cyano is too much. It drives you crazy looking at it.

Ride it out Feivel and do your regular maintenance and you'll see it go away. It's a slow process but as always nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

JetJumper

HAve you had many snails die lately?  I see some empty shells in that picture?  Or are they hermits and I just can't see them sticking out.

The cyano isn't TOO bad.  Its bad when you have it killing corals on a daily basis after you siphon it out all the time and it just keeps coming back. 

Looking good otherwise! :D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

shannon333

Love your tank Feivel :0)
(I see your having great luck with gluing your coral on, I end up with 3-4 inches of hard glue before it sticks for me.)

Feivel

Hookup

Feivel

Some update pics on my 75g, 2 year old tank. 50 different corals, 2 tangs, 2 clowns, 2 chromis a banghai a yellowtail damsel and a watchman goby no pistol. Just changed over from IO reef to DD htocean. So far seems like a good choice.

First pic is for the stand build thread.

Feivel

Update, reefbright pics.

Hookup

I've always said ReefBrites are photoshop for your tank...

You have to see that stuff in person to believe the photos...

AMAZING LOOKING!

Feivel

Nah, no photoshop :)

Next time you walk by reefbrights(only) use an orange or brown shade sunglass it cuts out the blue glare also while taking pictures. Doesnt work so well with black shade. most shades of even basic Snow boreding goggles should work. Try it out.

Hookup

LOL... I think you miss understood....   

I didn't say you photoshoped your images...

you photoshoped your actual tank... by adding reefbrites.   

I've had them on my tank and they are simply crazy...   anyone who's never seen them will simply not believe the photos are real... anyone who has seen them wants them... ;)

great photos!

Feivel

Some corals pics, blue dot mushrooms, one morning and afternoon strecth pic, my upgraded setup and finally my second tank at my moms were i have pickedup some stuff on they way and setup that work in progress. I still need to get another par 38 for the other side, explaining the color difference, only a few zoas and mushrooms. Whatever was left alive from my brothers tank.

Feivel

LOL, ok so for whatever reason the pics didnt upload in order  :o
Top pic is morning pic, bottom pic is streched out,
pic 2 is my current upgraded set-up, Pic3 is all my excess stock set-up at my moms.
Pic4 blue spot mushrooms and Pic 5 Candy Cane

Cheebs

Feivel

.... Lets try one by one.... Its not letting me upload pic, it says its over 1.010kb the first time and 2.060kb the second time

Papou

Hey you need a bigger tank for all them nice corals on those racks  :)