New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Spring Cleaning

Started by Anja, March 24, 2012, 05:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anja

Muck day for us means Spa Day for the fish. Meanwhile the frogs are all: 'Dude, what's going on?'

250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

JetJumper

did you do your own pond?

that style of rock work looks mighty familier  ;D
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Anja

Yup, we did.  :) After a workshop. I didn't realize there were distinct  pond rocking styles. Pretty cool. Do tell.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

JetJumper

The rock work looks very similar as to how I used to install it when I worked 1 year with the Pond clinic..

A lot of ponds I see made by people are usually just bare liner or a ring of rock so I was just curious thats all :)

Looking good!  gotta love spring cleanouts.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Anja

Thanks.  ;D

Yup, pond clinic. That was the workshop. Build-a-pond-day in someone's backyard. Was a very good, hands-on way to learn, I thought.

Meanwhile most of the muck's out, and the fish are back in. Usually I also put the tropical plants back in on spring-cleaning day, but they will have to stay inside until the last frost day. We're so unbelievably early this year. But with the heat we had turning the water yucky, it was time to get the pump back in and the filter going.