New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Nudie Dip! (nudie pic inside!!!)

Started by Greatwhite, March 29, 2012, 04:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatwhite

I just got a nice leather coral and a zoa rock, and was floating the bags in my tank to get the water up to temperature...  While the zoa was floating around, I noticed a wee little "spec" on the side of the bag from across the room. I knew just what it was, because I had seen them before.

Wandered on over, and sure enough - a nudie was sliding around in the bag.  Well, that answered that. :)  I did a freshwater dip and gave it a real good shake and a 2nd one dropped off.  A big tiger pod dropped off and ran for the hills as well, but I caught him and threw him in my tank.  He didn't last long.

This is a pic of the old nudie I found...  Same species this time.  I'm glad there were only 2.

I inspected the rock for egg sacks, and stragglers. All good.

redbelly

um... is this in your tank already?
Nudi's never travel alone!!
And a nudi this size def has an egg cluster on those nudi somewhere.

I would get a proper dip and do a overstrength, long dip!

Greatwhite

Quote from: redbelly on March 29, 2012, 09:32:26 PM
um... is this in your tank already?
Nudi's never travel alone!!
And a nudi this size def has an egg cluster on those nudi somewhere.

I would get a proper dip and do a overstrength, long dip!

The pic I attached is of a nudie I had caught a looong time ago, in an old tank.  The 2 that dropped off today were about 1/2 and 1/3 his size.  I did about a 4 minute fresh dip with some good old fashioned shaking.  I'm pretty confident that it's clean now.

kole18

I was wondering if this is a montipora eating nudi, my question does these nudi will take a taste your acro too or just montis ? Scary I've seen 1 of my frag acro loosing tissue at the bottom base I inspect all around doesn't seems not eating it. I would suspect my mg is low but so on all my montis are ok.