New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

tank update on my 75g

Started by dakrazyone, April 02, 2012, 11:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakrazyone

Finally took some decent pics of the corals in my tank, we all love pictures.

Cheebs

Very nice! The corals are looking great :)

kole18

hey bro what happen to rockscape all your corals are places on sanbed? is this your coral frag tank? or the main display tank you got some pretty interresting collection of sps there man nice.

veron

whats that pink/orange coral? carnation?? hmm next to impossible to keep but very beautiful. Your tanks looking good. Are you still in Rockland? I just moved there awhile back. 8)

dakrazyone

thanks guys,

Quote from: kole18 on April 03, 2012, 02:07:36 AM
hey bro what happen to rockscape all your corals are places on sanbed? is this your coral frag tank? or the main display tank you got some pretty interresting collection of sps there man nice.
This is my main tank, I'm still working on the frag tank plumbing, so i had to prune my corals and make them into frags in preparation for the new tanks.  This should allow the frags enough time to heal up nicely onto the plugs. I moved half of the rocks to the sump and left the other half empty so i can have better flow, more room for growth but it's getting crowded lol.

Quote from: veron on April 03, 2012, 06:34:44 AM
whats that pink/orange coral? carnation?? hmm next to impossible to keep but very beautiful. Your tanks looking good. Are you still in Rockland? I just moved there awhile back. 8)
I think it's a carnation leather coral, so far so good, looks more healthier when the lights are off.  I think you mistaken me for someone else, i use to be in the west end but now in barrhaven.

veron

ahh yes it was DARKFREAK or close to it. 8)  Yeh, that carnation is REAL hard to keep. Lots of ''specialized'' feeding and research.

cn

Excellent pictures and very nice corals. Are you using LED lighting ?

dakrazyone

Thanks cn, just using 6 bulb T5 + reefbrites

dakrazyone

new SPS additions

kole18

Wow bro this is so good, I'm so jealous :)

dakrazyone

thanks kole, i've been trying a few new things and hopefully i will get to see the true coloration in a month or so

kole18

I that purple stag bro, do you have any frag of that?

dakrazyone

sorry no, might frag it in a month or so depending on how well it's adapted to my tank.