New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My not so clean 90g reef

Started by cn, April 04, 2012, 05:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cn

I do have some algea in the tank; But overall the corals seem doing fine. All montis are growing like weed. I use dosing pump to maintain parameters. Water change (20%) is done once a month. My tank is very low maintenance and I like it that way  ;D.

Hope you guys like the pictures.

Rybren

Beautiful and healthy looking tank.  Very nice!
120G Reef

Cheebs

Very impressive! Gorgeous tank! Can you tell us more about your equipment?

dakrazyone

looks awesome, more pics, more info plz

xenon

I love the growth!

Most people tear down or upgrade well before their system matures so its great to see that progress.

What T5 light bulb combo are you using?

Everything looks to be the same color.

cn

Quote from: xenon on April 04, 2012, 07:06:48 PM
I love the growth!

Most people tear down or upgrade well before their system matures so its great to see that progress.

What T5 light bulb combo are you using?

Everything looks to be the same color.

Thanks.

I have 2x250w 10k reeflux and Reefbrite blue LED.
Quote from: dakrazyone on April 04, 2012, 06:30:35 PM

looks awesome, more pics, more info plz

Thanks
Quote from: Chubs on April 04, 2012, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Chubs on April 04, 2012, 06:13:48 PM

Thanks
Quote from: Rybren on April 04, 2012, 05:59:52 PM
Beautiful and healthy looking tank.  Very nice!

Thanks.

Besides using dosing pump. I also run phosban reactor and some chaeto in sump. Skimmer is Tunze 9005.

Hookup

great work cn.... your growth is excellent! 

not easily done.

cn

Quote from: Hookup on April 05, 2012, 08:15:20 AM
great work cn.... your growth is excellent! 

not easily done.

Thanks Hookup.
Just couple more pics

Greatwhite

I just got here through your ad in the classifieds.. Nice looking tank, albeit a little more "full" than I prefer personally.

I just wanted to ask if you've had any problems with 2 tangs in your 90... That's generally a no-no on a tank that size with LOTS of swimming space...

cn

Quote from: Greatwhite on May 07, 2012, 02:31:31 PM
I just got here through your ad in the classifieds.. Nice looking tank, albeit a little more "full" than I prefer personally.

I just wanted to ask if you've had any problems with 2 tangs in your 90... That's generally a no-no on a tank that size with LOTS of swimming space...

Thanks.
I have had no problem with both tangs in my 90g reef. I've had the yellow tang for 10 years and blue tang for 5 years.

Greatwhite

Quote from: cn on May 07, 2012, 03:42:21 PM
Thanks.
I have had no problem with both tangs in my 90g reef. I've had the yellow tang for 10 years and blue tang for 5 years.

Nice!  I love to hear from people with positive experience like this, so that I can tell "the others" to stuff it. :)  You could just be lucky to have 2 mild mannered tangs too, of course... I'd love to stick a hippo tang in my tank, but I'm afraid that my yellow is bipolar and his bad side would come out. :(

cn

Quote from: Greatwhite on May 08, 2012, 03:01:27 PM
Nice!  I love to hear from people with positive experience like this, so that I can tell "the others" to stuff it. :)  You could just be lucky to have 2 mild mannered tangs too, of course... I'd love to stick a hippo tang in my tank, but I'm afraid that my yellow is bipolar and his bad side would come out. :(

You could be right that I may be lucky with these two tangs. When I got the hippo tang it was the size of a looney and now it's bigger than the yellow tang. The yellow tang never showed any aggression towards it from the beginning.