New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Random Coral Pictures

Started by JetJumper, April 11, 2012, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

Couple of random pictures I took today.

Colours are starting to come in better and better once getting the water more stable

First picture is a random Clam I found in my rock work.  Didn't put it there either and was not there when I put the rock in.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

dakrazyone

kole18

Ohh those are nice acropora behind that bird nest :)

cn

Very very nice corals. I have a yellow/green birdnest which I grow from a small 1" frag. It's one of the fastest growing coral in my tank.

JetJumper

Thanks!  My Birdsnest is a similar situation.  It was started out as a small chunk with has grown to what you see in the picture.  The green birdsnest to the right of the pink doesn't seem to want to grow as fast..  Not sure why.

JetJumper

figured I would take some more pictures.

these are taken under 10K LED Whites only.  No Blue, no red, no UV, no nothing...  Camera is set to AutoWhite balance as well.  No fancy settings, nothing..

I am still not entirely happy with the colours visually to my eye, but they are improving a LOT!  Slowly I will get there!

I still cannot seem to get my Purple Digitata to go purple.. Anyone have any tips?

cn

Very very nice. I like it......
The SPS corals have awesome color.

I'm in the process of building my LED fixture. I've purchased 40x cool white & 40x royal blue for my 90g tank.

JetJumper

Quote from: cn on April 28, 2012, 09:44:30 AM
Very very nice. I like it......
The SPS corals have awesome color.

I'm in the process of building my LED fixture. I've purchased 40x cool white & 40x royal blue for my 90g tank.

Thanks!

This tank is currently running 144 LED's.  2:1 ratio of RB to 10K whites with 80degree optics and roughly 8" off the waters surface.  Personally I want more light for some of the dark area's A) due to stock brace causing a shadow in the middle of the tank and B) for some more intense spots.

Led's are run at 80% although one of my meanwells needs to be tuned... its turned down at the moment.

cn

Quote from: JetJumper on April 28, 2012, 10:33:23 AM
Thanks!

This tank is currently running 144 LED's.  2:1 ratio of RB to 10K whites with 80degree optics and roughly 8" off the waters surface.  Personally I m are run at 80% although one of my meanwells needs to be tuned... its turned down at the moment.

hehehe......that's insane intensity you have there  :)

JetJumper

I would love to get a par meter one day to check it.. but.. I don't feel like dishing out $300-400 for one
haha

cn

Could you post a full tank shot ?
How many hours do you run your LEDs at 100% intensity ?

JetJumper

Quote from: cn on April 29, 2012, 09:11:56 AM
Could you post a full tank shot ?
How many hours do you run your LEDs at 100% intensity ?

I will take a FTS later tonight.

Light schedule currently is

12:00 - RoyalBlues start ramping up to 80% (Ramp time is set to 30 minutes)
13:00 - 10K Whites start ramping up to 80% (Ramp time is set to 45 minutes)
20:00 - 10K Whites start ramping down to 0% (Ramp time is 45 minutes)
23:00 - RoyalBlues start ramping down to 0% (Ramp time is 30 minutes)

No moonlights as of yet.

JetJumper

cn

Awesome tank. Very very nice. You have had very good growth in one year under LED.....

Thanks for the pictures. You got me all excited to get my fixtures done quickly.

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Cheebs

Wow Chris, gorgeous!!

You sure give those LED sps deniers on reefcentral a run for their money, talk about nice colour and growth!

JetJumper

Thanks :)  So far the LED's have been doing awesome.  and hey.. Less heat to the tank! :D

jimskoi

Hookup

JetJumper

More fun with the camera...

cn

very very nice corals. Love the pictures  :)