New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My sps collection so far

Started by Dave88, May 05, 2012, 12:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave88

kole18

yellowtang

Very nice Dave... U sure take awsome pictures.
Are u going to keep clams aswell.?
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Dave88

Quote from: yellowtang on May 05, 2012, 01:52:58 AM
Very nice Dave... U sure take awsome pictures.
Are u going to keep clams aswell.?

Yup

Dakotamay

Wow! Awesome colors.  I'm not familiar with your set up so please forgive me if I'm asking you to repeat. What's your secret?  Lighting? dosing? How are you managing to have such beautiful SPS.  I'd like to get into SPS. But the ones I've tried so far have been unsuccessful.

salvini55

nice tear drop Dave! That red / orange mille is insane

Dave88

Quote from: Dakotamay on May 05, 2012, 04:02:15 AM
Wow! Awesome colors.  I'm not familiar with your set up so please forgive me if I'm asking you to repeat. What's your secret?  Lighting? dosing? How are you managing to have such beautiful SPS.  I'd like to get into SPS. But the ones I've tried so far have been unsuccessful.
My secret is to have good lighting ( 2 250 watt mh + 4t-5 actinics ) good flow ( 4 maxi jets) and maintaining your alk and calcium levels ( 11dkh 420 ppm cal. )

cn

Awesome macro shots of your beautiful sps Dave. Are you planning to have many more clams  ;D

Hookup

Very nice indeed.  Love to see more fts shots

shannon333

Where did you get that pink clam???
...and other beautiful corals?

Dave88

Quote from: cn on May 05, 2012, 08:42:46 AM
Awesome macro shots of your beautiful sps Dave. Are you planning to have many more clams  ;D
Yes as many as I can cram in there like I had before lol

kole18

That gold tear drop maxima it looks red under your light dave beautiful clam.

Dave88

Quote from: kole18 on May 05, 2012, 01:52:25 PM
That gold tear drop maxima it looks red under your light dave beautiful clam.
Thanks Pete. It's pretty close to the actinics.

Dakotamay

Quote from: Dave88 on May 05, 2012, 07:54:59 AM
My secret is to have good lighting ( 2 250 watt mh + 4t-5 actinics ) good flow ( 4 maxi jets) and maintaining your alk and calcium levels ( 11dkh 420 ppm cal. )

So you don't do anything special other than to dose to keep your cal and alk up?  We've got loads of light over our tank. At least I think we do.  We've got a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft 180gal.  Over it we have Vertex Illumilux LED's. There are 3 rows of them. Each row is 5ft. Comprised of a 3ft and 2ft braced end to end.  We have 1 row of all blue, 1 row of bianco a white and blue mix and 1 row of all white.  Flow is provided by 1 Koralia 8.  My cal stays around the 420 mark. I've never measured my alk though.

Dave88

Quote from: Dakotamay on May 05, 2012, 02:28:07 PM
So you don't do anything special other than to dose to keep your cal and alk up?  We've got loads of light over our tank. At least I think we do.  We've got a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft 180gal.  Over it we have Vertex Illumilux LED's. There are 3 rows of them. Each row is 5ft. Comprised of a 3ft and 2ft braced end to end.  We have 1 row of all blue, 1 row of bianco a white and blue mix and 1 row of all white.  Flow is provided by 1 Koralia 8.  My cal stays around the 420 mark. I've never measured my alk though.
Check your alk first and maybe more flow from different directions. I have my power heads on a wave maker and I get really good polyp extension.