New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

coral ID please

Started by tophoo, June 27, 2012, 04:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tophoo

can I get some IDs on these corals please? The bulb looking thing came on some live rock I bought for my HOB refugium

tophoo

kole18

The 1st pic is that plate coral, 2nd pic Millie or roscoe, 3rd tri-color valida that's what I'm guessing.

tophoo

About the first pic.

It moved to right next to the glass and at night time sweepers come out.  It doesnt open when the lights are on. 

im confused

tophoo

and this is what the "bulb" coral thingy looks like at night with the sweepers out

please HELP me identify this

JetJumper

That is most likely an anenome of some kind.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

bandit

really hard to tell from picture but could it be a candy cane coral they open like that at night

tophoo

these 2 are the same coral

NanoSF

It's not Candy Cane since there is no skeletal base and it moved. Most likely anemone like Jet said.

JetJumper

NanoSF

Ya that sure looks like it. Some of those have amazing colours. A rock full of colourful ones would be quite the show piece. Now I want one  :)

tophoo

are they safe or a nousence?

JetJumper

you will have to research that one and make your own judgement.  use the common name "orange ball anemone" or "white ball anemone".  Good luck :)