New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2012 OVAS Election

Started by Fishnut, March 24, 2012, 05:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

where was all the traffic when this thread was asking for nominations?

Hookup

Quote from: charlie on August 16, 2012, 09:07:21 PM

We rarely agree Charlie, but i'm 110% behind you on this comment.... 

Brine

Trying to shame people into volunteering is an ineffective method of getting help.

charlie

Quote from: Hookup on August 17, 2012, 10:42:17 AM
We rarely agree Charlie, but i'm 110% behind you on this comment.... 
No worries, at least we agree on something.
Quote from: Brine on August 17, 2012, 11:06:51 AM
Trying to shame people into volunteering is an ineffective method of getting help.
Brian if that is your interpetation of my comment, then your opinion is bang on.
Regards

Hookup

Quote from: charlie on August 17, 2012, 11:20:50 AM
No worries, at least we agree on something.Brian if that is your interpetation of my comment, then your opinion is bang on.
Regards
holy crap.... 2times in 1 day... i got to take a break...  100% agreement again.

robt18

Even though the elections are over, we might have to sticky this one...

charlie

Quote from: robt18 on August 17, 2012, 11:40:05 AM
AGREED  :)

Stussi613

Quote from: robt18 on August 17, 2012, 11:40:05 AM

If it isn't signalling the end of the universe as we know it...

;D
I haz reef tanks.

Hookup

LOL...  ;D ;D

be sure to add the rib-rub recipe to it first...  ;D

bergenm

I get that you guys are frustrated, and I am sure that I am to blame for a part of your frustrations... But I have to question how it appears to visitors to the site and new club members when the current and future Presidents of the club are rejoicing in the shaming of it's members...
Michael

charlie

Quote from: bergenm on August 17, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
I get that you guys are frustrated, and I am sure that I am to blame for a part of your frustrations... But I have to question how it appears to visitors to the site and new club members when the current and future Presidents of the club are rejoicing in the shaming of it's members...
Let me try just once
It`s intent was not to shame to make a poin of get out & help your club where it counts most, the therad clearly show the apathy in this club, hope it helps.
Errol

Hookup

Quote from: bergenm on August 17, 2012, 11:51:08 AM

I think they are pointing out, and quite correctly, the completely lack of volunteer support when it mattered.  External perception would be that there has been an issue getting volunteers?  I'm not sure "rejoicing" or "shaming" are words I would use to describe what's been said, unless i missed something.. .with so many active threads i certainly could have.

bergenm

And I'm just saying heading into a membership drive it really doesn't say 'Welcome, come on in, the water's fine...' :)
Michael

charlie

Quote from: Hookup on August 17, 2012, 11:55:45 AM
I think they are pointing out, and quite correctly, the completely lack of volunteer support when it mattered.  External perception would be that there has been an issue getting volunteers?  I'm not sure "rejoicing" or "shaming" are words I would use to describe what's been said, unless i missed something.. .with so many active threads i certainly could have.
Hookup stop it  :D
I`m off to see my Doc.

Fishnut

You nailed it Hookup!

There are lots of volunteer opportunities coming up...membership drives, meetings, events, etc.  Execs will often need a bit of help preparing for meetings or getting some contacts or doing some research or following up, etc.  Please volunteer!! 

The election will be back in May.

charlie

Quote from: Hookup on August 17, 2012, 11:55:45 AM
Case and point
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=54341.0

bergenm

I will admit I am guilty as sin on this issue, the hypocrisy has not escaped me...

I just don't think this thread is productive, nor is the shaming of the members...
Michael

Fishnut

You're a fellow pond fanatic...do some brainstorming to get a few more of us pond nuts into the club! :)  I want a summer OVAS pond tour but I don't know too many of the pond people.

Jeff1192

+1
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell