New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Holy Cthulu's beard Batman!!!! Tenticles just appeared

Started by Jkelley, August 18, 2012, 07:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkelley

Now that my subject line has wheedled you in  :D
....I have tentacles only appearing when the lights go out?  Does anyone have any ideas what this may be.

They are cylindrical looking things, clear, a white coloured tip, and that's about as descriptive as these guys get.
[/img]

In the day time, business as usual.

At night the erie deep presents itself.....not really deep..... or erie....I have an imagination 8)

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Jkelley

JetJumper

They can sting other corals and kill them so they can be deemed as a pest like aptasia, however I have several in my tank and they haven't bothered anything yet.  They tend to grow in dark places and you normally only see them at night like you found out.  Some of them can have some pretty neat colours though!

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Jkelley

In your pro opinion should i kill it or let it live as near to my zo's as they are? :-\

Vincenzo.

To some a pest. Its actually a sign of good tank health. Personally i like them. Others do to. Last one i had was clear with neon orange bulbs.

I say keep.

Jkelley

I decide to feed them....oh yeah I have two living under one rock. They love mysis shrimp.

Well I guess the big question is; Can they harm the zo's they are living next to, or do you think they will be able to live side by side?

and as far as your kill suggestion hookup... I had to post and add on how to kill app "help, zap app", and you think I know how to kill this?.?  :P

Cheers guys or gals

Vincenzo.

If ur zoa arw open they fine.

If u want to kill then turn the rock over and zap them with the aquarium light. Leave in direct light for few days. They die naturally..

Jkelley

Hey Vince thanks for the suggestion, however my barbaric side called upon the power of grey skull.....yup I crushed it.....grrrrrrr

8)