New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Enter Now! 2012 October POTM Contest.

Started by sylros, October 06, 2012, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylros

Being as October is the Hallowe'en month, let's see who's got the best photo of the odball and scariest aquatic creature! This is usually a dark looking, mean looking, maybe has teeth (I know piranah or oscar are not black, but they have teeth). Anything that is different...think Hallowe'een.

It could also be just in the name, I've seen red devils, bandits...that too would do!

Be creative but please no fish eating fish shots.

fischkopp

This might just be scary enough to qualify. For those that keep planted tanks anyway ... :P

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

76brian

I found this just now... I know it doesn't count because It's not mine.... and I'm VERY thankful for that.

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

lepageg

did you ever consider cultivating brine shrimps...:)

Riley

Why? But what else would Halloween be without a scary clown fish!

Hope you enjoy.

Greatwhite

Darth

sylros

Love it! Keep them coming! Sometimes it`s just the different angle that makes it unusual.

I`m not sure if I`m allowed to add my own but here goes, you tell me what you think! I`m just fascinated by the look of a male bushynose, he was recently just introduced to the tank. AND my glass is dirty...doesn`t that add to the scariness?  ;D

charlie

bergenm

Michael

bitterman

Cheebs

Giant spooky tentacle monster from the deep!!

sylros

Quote from: Chubs on October 30, 2012, 02:57:53 PM
Giant spooky tentacle monster from the deep!!
That's in a marine tank as I recognize the algae on the glass, but what are they? Do they serve as live food for the fish? They look like some time of worm to me.

A propos for halloween, you posted in the nic of time. Can't wait to see who wins! Awesome pics everyone!
Still open for another day!

Cheebs

Quote from: sylros on October 30, 2012, 11:19:23 PM
That's in a marine tank as I recognize the algae on the glass, but what are they? Do they serve as live food for the fish? They look like some time of worm to me.

A propos for halloween, you posted in the nic of time. Can't wait to see who wins! Awesome pics everyone!
Still open for another day!

They are called "spaghetti worms", and like bristle worms they hang out in the tank and eat scraps. They are a beneficial critter, as they gobble up uneaten food and don't bother anything else in the tank. :)

Good luck everyone, and happy Halloween!