New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Scarlet Psycho Skunk Cleaner

Started by Jkelley, October 11, 2012, 09:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkelley

>:(
So my super playful neat-freak, destroyed my frog spawn….???  I watched him/her go to town on my frag, so I moved it thinking maybe shrimp didn’t like the placement.  To my alarm placement had nothing to do with it, as the we fella dug his legs and mitts into the frag as I moved it. 
I quickly thawed some brine and fed him thinking that was the problem, however the corpulent weasel darted right back to my frog spawn>>>>>>> IN THE WORDS OF THE BEATLES ……”HELP, I NEED SOMEBODY” 

:o

Modified to remove creative spelling of banned words.

Papou

I once had a large skunk shrimp pick at my trachyphyllia continuously at night before i realised it was him my trachy took a month to come back to normal , i returned him for a smaller one some just don't behave .

You can put food in the fish net to catch him.

Dakotamay

While your style of writing definitely made me laugh. I'm sorry to hear what your shrimp is doing. Try feeding it a piece of raw shrimp, mussel, clam. Something along those lines and that might distract it enough. I've never encountered a shrimp that did what yours did. I guess they don't all read the behavior text book before they're harvested from the ocean.
Again sorry to hear that. You might want to catch him and sell him to someone that has a fish only tank but no inhabitants that would eat him.

Jkelley

QuoteYou might want to catch him and sell him to someone that has a fish only tank but no inhabitants that would eat him.

I love the wee bug too much, even though the rascal rubs the frogspawn and me the wrong way sometimes.  I just needed the forums experts to assure me this might be normal behavior, but clearly he marches to the beat of his own crazy drum… A beat  played by Britney Spears in 2008!!!  Yuck!!!

Papou

Was the frogspawn or shrimp just added to the tank?

Jkelley

QuoteWas the frogspawn or shrimp just added to the tank?
Nope, they had been introduced the same day a few months back.  Only new addition is Rainbow Brite (flame angel)......and yes forum monkeys   :P I name my fish!!!

Papou, it appears as though your deductive skills are set on awesome and you are nearing solving my poopie mystery. LOL

Papou

Does it look like your coral is lightly expelling zooxanthalle? ,if so he is most likely picking at that not hurting your coral .

Jkelley

NOTHING COMING OUT OF THE FROGSPAWN, AND HE RIPPED IT OF ITS SKELETON THIS A.M.

Papou

I know its hard to do but you might want to take him out before he decides to pick another victom in your tank  :(

Jkelley

I'm going to swing by a sponsors store (not sure who yet) to pick up a torch coral for Bebop and Rocksteady and see how the shrimp reacts to a new LPS???

If he goes nuts on it, he'll find himself available in the classified adds.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Mr.Pisser will behave  :(

Papou

Show him a pic of shrimp in a blender then he might behave  :)