New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Airline tubing bulkheads

Started by dbl_dbl, November 16, 2012, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbl_dbl

Thinking about building a DIY CO2 kit, however, it's been a few years since I have done this. If I remember correctly, I ended up ordering Airline tubing bulkhead fittings to properly seal the cap and tubing. However, I have no idea where I got them from. Any ideas?

exv152

Quote from: dbl_dbl on November 16, 2012, 01:25:52 PM
Thinking about building a DIY CO2 kit, however, it's been a few years since I have done this. If I remember correctly, I ended up ordering Airline tubing bulkhead fittings to properly seal the cap and tubing. However, I have no idea where I got them from. Any ideas?

Ottawa fasteners, home depot, lowes (gas section). Or you can do what I did, which worked great before I switched over to pressurized, and just take the bottle cap and drip a smaller hole than the tubing diameter (I think the OD on the tubing is 1/4") and cut the tubing on an angle, squeeze the tip through, and put it with a pair of needle noze pliers. Air tight. Worked great for years and cost effective.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

dbl_dbl

I've done that exact method but when I soapy-water tested it, I sometimes found small leaks.

charlie

The name of the shop eludes me now , but back when i did the sugar yeast thing i got the bulkheads from a hobby shop in the Colonade buisness park, the bulk heads are for fuel delivery for model planes.
Try searching this forum, i`m sure it is here somewhere in the haystack  ;)
Regards

charlie

Quote from: charlie on November 17, 2012, 08:36:17 AM
The name of the shop eludes me now , but back when i did the sugar yeast thing i got the bulkheads from a hobby shop in the Colonade buisness park, the bulk heads are for fuel delivery for model planes.
Try searching this forum, i`m sure it is here somewhere in the haystack  ;)
Regards
Here you go , google does it again
http://dynamichobbies.com/

dbl_dbl

76brian

While you're there, pick yourself up an HPI Savage :-)