New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

nothing worse

Started by Darth, November 30, 2012, 07:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

So I decide last night to buy a hippo tang, it was small and I was worried, dripped the fish, put him in other fish left him alone, he was actually schooling with my 3 chromis, he ate when I fed the fish last night, wake up this mornighing and the actinics come on and no sign of him anywhere so he is a gonner, I hate when this happens!!!!

robt18

Maybe he found a little hole somewhere that's really comfortable and didn't want to get out of bed yet? I feel that way pretty much everyday :p with any luck he's still and and hiding...

Hope he turns up!

veron

I personally found that Hippo tangs are the last one up. They do hide in between rocks very well.

Papou

If he was ok when lights went out and healthy hes fine mine only comes out after every one else
sence hes new he will hide more.

FocusFin

They love to slide flat in a crevice to sleep.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Severum

I agree with everyone. Blues come out last. Boy do they love to sleep. 4 years later I'm surprised my blue can still find a crevice to fit in.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Darth

well he hasnt been out all day, last night he was good swiming around and all, I will give it a few days maybe he will pop up (fingers crossed)

Papou

Very small blues will hide in the reef if for days if another fish harassed him at night while he was looking for a place to sleep.

Darth

that's what I don't get none of the other fish were bothering him at all and of course he could be anyway if still alive he was swimming out in the open yesterday and no issues *shrugs*

Papou

Darth

no I think its safe to say its gone =(

veron

Darth

thanks, I know there is a slight chance, so maybe a few more days  ;D

SWFan

I got one last week as well but it was a sm.  Anyways, one of the days I woke up and couldnt find it. After looking carefully I found that it was stuck in between some of the rock work, I guess while trying to find a good place to sleep. Anyways after moving around the rock work, it was fine, so make sure you take a good look.

bandit

What's the outcome? Did he make it

Darth

no, I am led to believe he may have went sleep near one of the of 9 nems I have and may have become nem food, I still may get one later but a bit bigger than the last  >:(