New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Blue tang killing my coral

Started by bandit, January 13, 2013, 10:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

Well I have been wondering why one of my hydnophoria corals is dying well turned the lights on at midnight last night and found my blue tang rubbing in it. Which is why the tank has scratches all over his belly. I also thought  I lost a green branching montipora because of one of my light ballasts burning out. I remember the tang use to lay in that montipora too.

Here's a pic

Greatwhite

Looks a little like the blue guy is sleeping on it...  can you move that coral elsewhere to see if he follows it?

bandit

Well it's glued to my glass, I don't really care to much I'd rather him stay there then to move to another coral lol

Papou

My tang does the same thing but I don't have damage to the coral,i wouldn't mind i don't like it anyway  ;)

kole18

I've witness a tang I mean sailfin tang eating a brain corals, some fish might like to taste corals & others tend to be more reef safe. My flame angel used to like my tri-color sps. When added in my tank for the fisrtweek. Thank god this fish completely change, none of my corals ever nip this angel until now ;D