New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

AquaMania Flyer!

Started by ajm1961, February 24, 2013, 09:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Here is the AquaMania flyer with details of talks, schedule, bios of speakers and list of sponsors and confirmed exhibitors.

Have a look and hope to see you all there at some point during the weekend!!
:)

Edit: here is a slightly modified version of the flyer. I have removed the mention of a special rate for rooms, as the deadline for reservations is TONIGHT, February 26 .
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

sas

Awesome :)
I'll be running some off to put up around the valley.

ajm1961

<bump> see edit on first post - want to make sure everyone knows about the hotel room deadline for the special rate at $89 per night.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

bergenm

Looks good...

Are we going to be putting anything up on our FB page? Might be worth creating an event for anyone who is on FB to share/invite others...
Michael

charlie

Quote from: bergenm on March 01, 2013, 11:02:58 AM
Looks good...

Are we going to be putting anything up on our FB page? Might be worth creating an event for anyone who is on FB to share/invite others...
Yea, it should be there soon, the facebook admins have it on their agenda.
Thanks Mike

bergenm

Michael

sas

CTV Ottawa noon news has a section where you can send in community events, I wonder if it would be worth sending the info in. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost
anything to have it put on.

charlie

Quote from: sas on March 01, 2013, 12:12:31 PM
CTV Ottawa noon news has a section where you can send in community events, I wonder if it would be worth sending the info in. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost
anything to have it put on.
Thanks for that tip sas, the wheels have been set in motion  ;)
Appreciate all the help guys, any suggestions on marketing this event is welcomed.
Please free to print a few copies of the flyer & post them where possible.
Regards Errol

bergenm

QuotePlease free to print a few copies of the flyer & post them where possible.

Will do...

I believe some of the othe local clubs (non-fish related) also get the EMC community papers to run articles on their events...
Michael

exv152

What about listing in the community events section of the citizen online? I know a lot of people read the citizen online.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/events-listings/index.html
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Good stuff, keep them coming guys, help us promote our event-this event is the tester for bigger things to come ;)
Errol

Stussi613

Quote from: bergenm on March 01, 2013, 11:02:58 AM
Looks good...

I've posted the first page of the flyer this afternoon, I will be posting the second page later today. 

If you're on Facebook, please like and share the page and the posts so we can get the word out!!
I haz reef tanks.

bergenm

QuoteIf you're on Facebook, please like and share the page and the posts so we can get the word out!!

Done.
Michael

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on March 01, 2013, 03:55:21 PM
What about listing in the community events section of the citizen online? I know a lot of people read the citizen online.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/events-listings/index.html
Thanks for the tip Eric, i sent it in that very day.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/events-listings/details.html?ID=10356

az

very nice.

maybe ottawa sun?
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

exv152

Quote from: charlie on March 08, 2013, 09:19:08 AM
Thanks for the tip Eric, i sent it in that very day.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/events-listings/details.html?ID=10356

Looks like it's shapin' up to be bigger than last year's event. Have we asked any of the sponsors to put the posters up at their establishments? That way we'd be directly targeting the right audience, and I'm sure some don't even know about OVAS.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on March 08, 2013, 10:24:34 AM
Looks like it's shapin' up to be bigger than last year's event. Have we asked any of the sponsors to put the posters up at their establishments? That way we'd be directly targeting the right audience, and I'm sure some don't even know about OVAS.
Yes we have asked some & still working on some more.