New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ick outbreak

Started by soleil1980, March 11, 2013, 12:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

hi

I have an ick outbreak :(  My tank is a 60g with guppies and one bushynose.  All parameters are normal.  I started treating yesterday with salt and temp raise.  However, I cannot find conclusive info on how much salt to add!  How much do you guys add?  So far, I have added 12 tbs of aqurium salt and raised the temp to 80.  All fish seem to be ok.  I lost 4 males guppy but no female loss.
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

charlie

I have  in the past used 1 tablespoon per 10 Gallon & slowly raise the temp to 86 deg.with a gravel vac a few times per week -caution when changing water only add salt ( 10 gallons per tablespoon) to the amount of water you are replacing.
Regards

charlie

BTW if you have plants, they don`t tolerate salt.

soleil1980

and once I don`t see white spots anymore I comtinue treatment for about 3 days (that`s what I read)
2 x 5.5g male bettas
2.5g male betta

soleil1980

hi

So now I have added 8 tbs of salt to my 60g and upped the temp to about 30C.  It has been runing like that for 2 days and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.  The weird thing though is that I lost 5 male guppies... all the females seem happy.  Do you think I should continue treatment or go to the lfs and grab ick medecine?
2 x 5.5g male bettas
2.5g male betta

Shawn84

Go grab some Kordon Ick if salt and heat is not working.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........