New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

15 Gallon CAD starfire build

Started by charlie, March 28, 2013, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

Good stuff Errol.  Glad everything worked out.

Wife should be happy now!  :)

fischkopp

Looking great! Glad to see that you are keeping your CRS. I hope they will do as well in their new tank as they did in the old one.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Thanks guys,
@ Brian the wife is very happy  ;D
Robert I just had to keep those CRS, they have been good to me ;), ever since I set up the tank outside & moved the shrimp over it just grabs my attention more , loving it.

bettabreeder

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie

approx. 3 weeks after planting , this is what it looks like now.
I can`t say enough about the Tropica 123 grow plants.

daworldisblack

Woah! Drooling! If only my carpet looked like that!!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

One month up date.
I just replaced to 2 foremost rocks & will weather to blend in time ( at least that`s what I`m thinking  ;))
I got some of 1 2 grow Tropica from the pots Got Fish brought today, Rotala Bonsai & Althernathera Reineckii "mini.
These wil be incorporated to the tank with the Bonsai replacing the Blyxa Japonica & the Reineckii "mini. replacining the Arcuata.
The shading you see on the white background is actually the LED shimmering of the surface turbulence, should have killed the filter - next time.
The Monte Carlo continues to carpet & Belem hair grass is coming to life, I have lifted the light another inch from the surface of the tank, thinking I will need to lift it another inch or two before I get it dialed in.

Errol

daworldisblack

Can't wait for mine to carpet like yours! Its slow but its getting there - the new additions should do well in this tank. Keep us posted!

charlie

It`s been sometime since I updated this thread. I suffered a massive loss of my CRS 100 +, due to my own negligence   :-[.
The system has a top off system which I use to refill the tank after a water change, I forgot to add Chloram X to the top off tank drained the water ,switched everything on & left to run some errands, needless to say I returned home a few hours later to the sad sight, was I ever ticked off at myself & was very close to just shutting the tank down.
I restocked the tank with some more CRS & thankfully I just noticed  babies this morning .
Apart  from some persistent  algae issue, the tank is doing well.

exv152

The tank looks good Errol. How would you rate the monte carlo vs HC? I personally found HC was a major pain.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Really like how the tank has progressed! The Chillis look good in there - nice and red. Def liking the Monte carlo! Much better rooting system compared to HC!

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on May 10, 2015, 10:08:42 PM
The tank looks good Errol. How would you rate the monte carlo vs HC? I personally found HC was a major pain.
Thanks guys.
I`m a Monte Carlo convert  :), like you I found HC to be a pain, for me it`s not for a long term scape.
Rah I have had good luck with the Monte Carlo, already had a big trim of it.
There is another foreground plant i want to try that is not readily available in Canada, but have my fingers & toes crossed  ;D that hopefully I`ll luck in to some  ;) ;) ;)

exv152

Quote from: charlie on May 11, 2015, 05:29:31 PM
There is another foreground plant i want to try that is not readily available in Canada, but have my fingers & toes crossed  ;D that hopefully I`ll luck in to some  ;) ;) ;)

Lol, I've got some growing emersed and as soon as I get enough going you can have some. But it doesn't do well with cories and other bottom dwellers that can easily uproot it. Greg is having better luck than me. Not sure about Rah. Fingers crossed.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

barefoot_golfer

charlie

barefoot_golfer