New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Help question

Started by ray, July 02, 2013, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Hi I'm posting on behalf of someone.They don't have test kits,but I hope to test their water soon.Over the weekend they started losing corals in particular LPS,from what I understand most hammers,brains candycane have all lost their tissue,while the soft/leather corals are ok as are all fish ,clams shrimp etc..Any suggestions would be appreciated.As of now I'm leaning towards low Alk

Thanks

ray

NjOyRiD

do they use any kinds of nutrient reducer?
what about lights, what do they have?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

robt18

Do they have air conditioning? If their place got really warm with the weather it could have melted some lps. It's happened to me before unfortunately.

Feivel

Magnesium and Alk i think would be the main 2 to check. i was having issues with polyp extensions due to low Magnesium.
You can also try a lower flow area or target feeding the coral.
My tank went up to 85.4f recently and i have over 40 acans in my tank. no issues.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: Feivel on July 02, 2013, 09:24:39 PM
Magnesium and Alk i think would be the main 2 to check. i was having issues with polyp extensions due to low Magnesium.
You can also try a lower flow area or target feeding the coral.
My tank went up to 85.4f recently and i have over 40 acans in my tank. no issues.

...you got lucky...
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

robt18

My acans don't seem to mind heat as much either, but I've found euphyllia aren't so forgiving....