New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 250g build.

Started by Aquaticfinatic, September 04, 2013, 05:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquaticfinatic

I'm not much into to many words as I Prefer pictures. As requested Charlie here's a build thread.  Its a 6 footer by 30"wide and 26" tall tank. I used spray foam and dryish rock to make most of the structure and then just added some extra rock where needed. I have around 180 lbs of rock in my tank right now. I started the system with prodibio and its been going great so far. Been running for 4 weeks plus now.

Stussi613

1.  This tank looks way better in person than it does in pictures.

2.  This tank is WAYYYYYY heavier than it looks. Which is why I am confident of item number 1.
I haz reef tanks.

Aquaticfinatic

Nienna

Looking good  :) What kind of fish are you planning to have?

exv152

Love the tank. Is that a custom-build?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Looking sweet, thanks for heeding the call.
Will be looking forward to the progress on your build.
Regards

Aquaticfinatic

Nienna I plan on having the more expensive pretty wrasses is my main goal. im a sucker for wrasses lol. 

exv152 Yes it was custom. Im hoping to have my tank stand and hood skinned next week (hint hint my cabinet guy)

Charlie thanks. Im not going to post any more pictures just yet as its going through a ugly brown algae stage. Dont think you guys want to see that  >:(

Any ways I hope more people follow suit as we all LOVE pictures  ;) ;)

Got Fish?

Well I have been so busy with opening the shop I forgot I had a tank build on here. Time for an update. I found my ugly brown algae issue was down to phosphates. Treated with phoz down went away with in 4-5 days. Finally got my stand skinned so am happy about that. Just waiting now for a friend of mine to take his corals etc that I have been looking after to get my tank back on track. I'll post a video if I can. Lights aren't on yet so fish are in the dark.

sanny

Woah, Im truley impressed  ;)

Surfdog

Very nice! Quick question. On the right side of the tank face 1/2 way it looks as if a shelf is attached? What is that. Thanks and grats on a wonderful addition to your home, truly outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike L

It looks like a tray holding frag plugs. As for the tank. Very nice David. The care with which you set up the tank and attention to detail reflects well on you and your business.
Regards Mike

charlie

Quote from: Mike L on March 04, 2014, 11:23:38 AM
It looks like a tray holding frag plugs. As for the tank. Very nice David. The care with which you set up the tank and attention to detail reflects well on you and your business.
Regards Mike
Mike, you need to work on having that tank  converted to a cichlid tank  :P

Mike L

Hey Charlie
Oh the possibilities. I was thinking the same thing but my place is just not big enough unfortunately. 4 tanks is enough work and The wife would not like me moving out the couch for a fish tank anyway.
Regards Mike

charlie

Quote from: Mike L on March 04, 2014, 12:10:30 PM
Hey Charlie
Oh the possibilities. I was thinking the same thing but my place is just not big enough unfortunately. 4 tanks is enough work and The wife would not like me moving out the couch for a fish tank anyway.
Regards Mike
;D - convince David to switch it & you go visit him :P

Mike L

a birdie told me that it is going to be changed to a freshwater due to time constraints sooo...I am trying.

Got Fish?

Lmao you guys are toooooooooo funny!!  I'm thinking of changing it to a fresh tank just because of time and maintainence plus my wife moaning at me to tidy it up or get shot of it. We will see I guess. I'll post a new picture once I clean the glass lol. Mike is right it's a frag shelf. Magnetically held in place.

No cichlids here FYI  :)  ;)  :D  :P

sanny

If you finally decided to convert to freshwater, get a group of Altum Angelfish  ;D