New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 180/70 gal Tank

Started by ramblnpony, September 09, 2013, 11:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblnpony

This would have to be one of the longest ever delays in getting a tank running. I bought my system around 4 1/2 years ago on Boxing Day telling myself I would finish the basement within a year. One thing led to another and after finding mold and a 6' wall crack, I ended up gutting the whole thing completely including the wiring. Add another hobby, trips, and life, the tank is now 4+ months young. I was fortunate enough to acquire two full size tangs, a hippo and a yellow (David C has stated the biggest Yellow he ever saw) from a friend leaving the hobby due to travel. I haven't had time to go through all my pics just yet so here's a link to a video for now...... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgVES6jaaQs

az

tank looks good just needs more fish, hippo has nice color.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Shawn84

Nice layout of the rock. Will look awesome down the road once fill with coral

A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

ramblnpony

Thanks. Yes I need more coral and fish for sure. I want to add a Royal Gramma next. Possible a few anthias. At about a year, a leopard wrasse, a red and a spotted mandarin. I don't want to over stock plus I still have some sps I want to add. :)

robt18

How much water flow is going on there? It looked like some of the corals weren't moving too much; you may need more powerheads, especially if you're looking to keep lots of SPS.

ramblnpony

I think the flow is not too bad right now. My main pump is rated 1800 gals per hour. It splits into 2 then 4 outlet flex stems on each end. Then I have two – Koralini 4 Controlable Pump 550- 1400 GPH and one Koralin 5 Controlable Pump 600- 1900 GPH hooked up to a Hydro Wavemaker 2 Pump Controler. (The 4s are split into 1 output) Mind you it's only set to about 1/3 power right now and the main pump is running about 70% thru a ball valve diverter back to the sump. So I could up the flow a fair amount more.