New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Mail shrimp from US, problem with Customs?

Started by WTS, September 23, 2013, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTS

Hi,first post ;D
Just wondering if anyone knows this: planning to buy some shrimp from US, will ship to Ogdensburg, any problem passing the Customs? Are we allowed to bring shrimp cross the border?

Greatwhite

This has been discussed a few times that I can remember.  I believe that there are issues "normally" because you are not allowed to bring "livestock" across the border and somehow, shrimp qualifies.  There is an exception if you can prove that they are for a hobby or something.  You should check the Canadian Customs website - I believe that it says something about this there...

Shawn84

Save the hasle and order them locally. Check out

Wwe.shrimpfever.com

They have all different type of shrimp. If not check the local fish store. If not come out to the season opener I'm sure there will b shrimp there ;)

Shawn
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Greatwhite

You are certain to get a customs guy who doesn't know the rules and exceptions...  I meet them when I travel about every 3 border crossings.

WTS

bettabreeder

Sorry to be a bit late on the subject but before shrimp fever was created I ordered from alphaprobreeders and he has proper papers to ship shrimp over the boarder I believe as I had two orders from him delivered just fine. But yes I suggest helping out locally by ordering through shrimp fever. Tommy there is a good guy and help you out. If you're thinking about a group order from there to cut down shipping I'll jump in with you. Pm me and we can talk about it. Cheers,
Brendan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free