New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

DRAS presents Joseph Uy of Miyabi Aqua Designs -Oct. 6th

Started by charlie, September 26, 2013, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

The Durham Region Aquarium Society (DRAS) is proud to be hosting a special presentation by Joseph Uy of Miyabi Aqua Designs on October 5th, 2013.

Miyabi Aqua Designs is the exclusive Canadian distributor of ADA (Aqua Design Amano) products. Many of you will know ADA products as being some of the best available for the planted aquarium. Joseph will be presenting on how to set up and maintain a planted aquarium using the Nature Aquarium Style and sharing his knowledge from studying with the master, Takashi Amano.

The presentation will cover;

The Art of the Nature Aquarium
Techniques of Takashi Amano
The Do's and Don'ts of Aquascaping
Arranging Stones
The Science of the Nature Aquarium
Water Parameters and Substrates
CO2 and Lighting
What makes plants grow underwater
Living with the Nature Aquarium
Daily, Weekly and Monthly maintenance
Adding nutrients
Trimming techniques
There will be door prizes and Joseph will be bringing some Aqua Flora Plants for sale.

Details:

How Much To Attend?:
FREE

When:
October 5th, 2013
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM

Where:
Whitby Centennial Building
(Attersley Room)
416 Centre Street South
Whitby, Ontario
L1N 4W2
(Ample parking available)

Please e-mail exchange[delete this bit 6605e6569a89d][insert an at symbol here]dras[insert a dot here]ca to confirm attendance.

There will be refreshments available and we want to make sure we have enough seating available!

If you have any other questions, please e-mail exchange[delete this bit 6605e6569a8fe][insert an at symbol here]dras[insert a dot here]ca and you will receive a response as soon as possible.

Sponsors:
Miyabi Aqua Design Ltd. - (www.miyabi-aqua.com)
Durham Region Aquarium Society - (www.dras.ca)
ADA – Aqua Design Aman0 - (www.adana.co.jp/en)
AquaFlora Nurseries - (www.aquafloranurseries.com)

ajm1961

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Thanks DRAS, great event.
Nice meeting fellow hobbyist.
Errol

daworldisblack

Did you take pics Errol?! I wish I could have made it!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Quote from: daworldisblack on October 06, 2013, 11:33:25 PMDid you take pics Errol?! I wish I could have made it!

It's too bad you couldn't come Rah! I had a blast. Joseph presented a slight different view of nature aquarium you don't get here, probably because he personally knows Amano and has shared his insights with him. I also really enjoyed the stores we visited, and the aquarium talk as usual.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie