New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Questions Regarding Stocking

Started by jamilism, November 19, 2013, 11:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamilism

Hey Guys

My Fluval Edge 12G finally cycled. I got it stocked with 8 Cardinal Tetras, 6 Celes Pearl Dianos and 3 Guppies, 2 Zebra Snails and a Betta fish. I have some plants growing and i am adding a CO2 system.

My question is can i put Shrimps in the tank ? And if so which ones ...

charlie

Personally I`m not sure if keeping shrimp in that tank with your stocking list is a good idea. smaller shrimp would appear to be a food source, if the the tank was larger with lots of hiding space they have a chance.
On another note again on a personal fancy, male guppies & male Betta can be  a disaster waiting to happen , the betta might very well see those nice tail fins of the guppy as another male betta, that said they may live happily together
I would have stuck to the Cardinal & Pearl Danio in that tank.
Just my opinion
Regards

exv152

yeah, I agree, combining shrimp and bettas may or may not work, most would probably advise against it. But 8 cardinals and 6 danios is probably the stocking limit for that size tank.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

jamilism

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feedback ... i notice my betta is a little too playful with the guppies - and im considering putting him back to his original tank.

If i was to move him out - with the remaining stock - is it okay to keep 10 CRS ? The reason i ask is my kids loved the shrimp display tank in le niche ... but i just dont want to do a full tank for them !

I will certainly relocate the betta to a different home today when i get back !

bettabreeder

My cpd's will devour any shrimp big enough to fit in their mouth. The cardinals will too. Easiest thing for shrimp is a species only tank with otos being the only "shrimp safe" fish out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk