New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

January 2014 POTM - Submit your pictures!

Started by Nyx, January 09, 2014, 09:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx

While I apologize for the delay, it's time for the January 2014 POTM Contest!  Taking inspiration from the Ottawa Sun's "felfies", our President, AndrĂ© (ajm1961), suggested a similar theme for the first contest of the new year! We're asking participants to submit an "aquafie" which is a selfie which includes your running aquarium in the background, off to side, or even you in your tank if it's big enough - however creatively you want to do it.

Just a reminder, the contest rules are here. You can submit your photos until January 26th. Good luck to all participants! We're looking forward to seeing your "aquafie" photos! :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

ajm1961

Hey Kole, where are you in the picture? I see some shower curtains in the background, but where's the proud owner of this lovely tank?
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

kole18

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on January 09, 2014, 03:29:40 PM
Hey Kole, where are you in the picture? I see some shower curtains in the background, but where's the proud owner of this lovely tank?
Quotean "aquafie" which is a selfie which includes your running aquarium in the background, off to side, or even you in your tank if it's big enough - however creatively you want to do it.
[/quote
so you want the picture to include the tank owner & the aquarium in the background or off to the side?

kole18

Ok mah bad gotta have another picture me & my tank didn't really pay attention on ur potm 8)

charlie

ajm1961

Hey "fish selfies" are the hottest trend!!

Former Alaska governor and aspiring reality TV star Sarah Palin has a message for the young women of America: Stop taking selfies in the mirror -- take them with a fish instead!

"I think this world would be better off having more young women holding a fish in a picture than holding their camera in front of a bathroom mirror, talking a selfie."

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/01/fish-selfies-sarah-palin-inadvertently-praises-tinder-trend.html

Of course, here we want LIVE FISH selfies!! (or corals, plants - anything aquarium)
Feel free to include other members of the family or even another pet in front of that great glass box!

I'll be posting mine soon!! :P

ajm1961

Finally = here's my daughter Chloe just eating up my hobby!!

ajm1961

I guess we have a lot of bashful hobbyists!
So much for trying something different... we tried!

OK - this wraps up the January POTM, we will start up the February POTM soon. We're just working out some details, which will include a $10 gift certificate to the winner! So stay tuned.

Thanks to Errol and my daughter Chloe for participating in the January POTM.
They were both lovely pictures, if I do say so myself!
Let's call it a tie shall we?