New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Caridina sp. "Cardinal" Shrimp

Started by Shawn84, January 10, 2014, 03:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn84

Some of the little guys in my Sulawesi tank. I have in there Cardinal shrimp, Long nose white spotted tylo snail and Yellow rabbit snail.

Sorry pic were taken from my fone so the quality is not the greatest :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Nyx

Your shrimp are lovely, Shawn! They're in the same genus as Crystal Red shrimp, I think? I've never even heard of them but I look forward to seeing more pics of them as they breed for you. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

Stussi613

They look almost like a Blood Shrimp from a marine tank!

Really nice...how big do they get?
I haz reef tanks.

Shawn84

Thanks Claude. They belong the same family but required totally different water parameter. I love these guy. I'm trying to get my hand on more variety from Sulawesi. As they start breeding I'll post a new thread ;) Stuart these get get max size 1 inch. Relatively small on compare to other shrimp.

Shawn
A bunch a fishes.....

Shawn84

More pic of these guys

Full tank shot 30G with sponge filter and a mini filter to add small current. Lighting is power by 6 T5HO to produce enough algae for the shrimp and snail to eat. Dual heater set at 27C.

Baby Orange Rabbit Snail

Yellow Rabbit Snail

Long Nose Snail

Cardinal

A bunch a fishes.....

bettabreeder

Awesome shrimp Shawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn84

Quote from: bettabreeder on January 22, 2014, 09:23:25 PM
Awesome shrimp Shawn!

Thanks Brendan. So far these shrimp are not keen on man made food. Only been eating the algae on the tank. Finicky bunch good thing the tank has plenty of algae for them to eat.
A bunch a fishes.....

bettabreeder

I heard of people adding cherry shrimp to the tank and since they'll eat man made food it makes the cardinals feel safer

Shawn84

Try that didn't work. These guy are wc so still tricky but once start breeding the baby shrimp shouldn't be an issues.
A bunch a fishes.....

Jellyanne

They really look good!

I love Sulawesi too but I am nowhere near ready to take them on.
Maybe in a year or so I'll be good enough with the cherry shrimps to try something like that,

Do you have other kind of Sulawesi? I personally really like the Harlequin one.

Do you still have them? How are they doing?
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!