New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Substrate ferts from americanplants.com

Started by wolfiewill, January 13, 2014, 01:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

I am going to order a substrate fertilizer from americanplants.com called TOTAL SUBSTRATE PELLETS. See the following link:

http://www.aquariumplants.com/AquaFertz_com_SUBSTRATE_VITALIZATION_SYSTEM_p/fert.htm?1=1&CartID=0.

I've have had good success with them, and the price (minus shipping) is very good. There are 75 pellets in each, so the cost comes to ~15 cents each before shipping charges.

Would anyone else like to join in the order to make the shipping cost more reasonable ($28.50)?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

I'm in. Which ones have you been using? There's iron, trace, total...?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Greg, is the shipping fee you quoted applicable to one container & if not how many can they ship at that price
Do you use the injector, can you post a picture of it if you do& if you do not how do you inject it.
Regards

wolfiewill

Quote from: charlie on January 13, 2014, 03:17:47 PM
Greg, is the shipping fee you quoted applicable to one container & if not how many can they ship at that price
Do you use the injector, can you post a picture of it if you do& if you do not how do you inject it.
Regards

I just tried purchasing 5 and the shipping cost went from $28.50 to $29.88. When I tried for only 2 the shipping cost was the same as for one - $28.50 CDN.

I don't use an injector. I use the same long tweezers I use for planting. The same we used at Got Fish in November. These are slightly bullet shaped and go in easy enough this way. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Dxpert

Sounds great, I'm in, thanks Greg!
Do you use trace and total?

-Mike

wolfiewill

Quote from: Dxpert on January 13, 2014, 08:41:53 PM
Sounds great, I'm in, thanks Greg!
Do you use trace and total?

-Mike

No. I use a Flourish Comp for trace in the water column, and this stuff is supposed to have the essential trace elements added. Check out the web page for this stuff:
http://www.aquariumplants.com/AquaFertz_com_SUBSTRATE_VITALIZATION_SYSTEM_p/fert.htm?1=1&CartID=0

Dxpert

wolfiewill

Ok. I talked to the supplier on the phone, and they send lots of this product 'up there to y'all in Keyanidah'. So I'm going to order four? For Dxpert, Charlie, exv152 and myself?

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g