New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Giant Auction 2014 - AQUAMANIA

Started by fischkopp, March 10, 2014, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stussi613

Sanny,

You sit in your chair and the items are presented at the front of the room.  When you are bidding you put your hand up and keep it up until the price is higher than you want to pay.  If you put your hand down and then back up your bid will not be accepted.

This year people will not be allowed to take any bags out of the table area for any reason, even if it is the persons item, as we had some thefts of high value items last year which cost the club money out of our program funds since we had to pay the reserve price for the items to the sellers when the auction was over an the items weren't there.

Ken,

You have the option of viewing and putting the item number on your sheet while the viewing period is on (from 9-11 and then on breaks) and any auction attendee can pay the fee to prioritize the items they wish to move up in the auction.  I believe the cost is $1 per item (Robert can confirm) and allot of people who want to move things up just account for it in the price they are willing to pay for the item if they can't attend all day.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

fishmonger

Was another Super auction today, thanks to all who go to such exhaustive efforts to make it a great event every year, after you all rest up, give yourselves and each other bit pats on the backs for a job well done!

missavgp

Seconded! The auction was awesome. There was a lot of great stuff to be had and auction staff deserves a big thank you and round of applause for a job well done. Thanks for a great AquaMania.  :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

daworldisblack

It was a great event this year guys. Great job!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Laura

Fantastic event - well organized as always. Thanks to all the volunteers!!!
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

ajm1961

Wow, what a rush! Can't believe it's all done, after months of preparation.
I can't say enough about all the support we had down the stretch.
Thanks to our executive and our members for making this a reality.
Thanks to our volunteers who did a great job in helping out, you were the wind beneath our wings.
Thanks to the fantastic support and generosity from our sponsors.
Thanks to all of you who participated and enjoyed the ride with us.
You made it all worth while - and we appreciate your feedback!

I look forward to next year's event,
regards,
Andre
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Got Fish?

How many people through the doors on Saturday Andre? ??

ajm1961

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

fischkopp

Thanks for everyone who came out on Sunday for the Giant Auction!

We had over 700 items, including many donations from Cobalt Aquatics, Zoo Med, Fluval, Seachem, Aquascape Canada, Aquavalley and from you fellow OVAS members. THANK YOU!
Overall, the range of items was pretty balanced this year, with an equal amount of hardware/goods, fish/inverts and plant bags. Most items went for pretty fair prices as well, for both buyer and seller. We did not have too many $2 items.

Another big THANK YOU goes to all the volunteers that helped us running the show quite smoothly. You did a great job introducing everyone,  moving the items, auctioning them off, and process the payout! We could not have done it without you!

And the last BIG THANK YOU goes to each and everyone who came to the auction and brought items, shopped for new things or just came by to have a good time. It's you who made this even a success!

A special thanks goes to our friends from SAM, Société d'aquariophilie de Montréal, who joined us again this year and brought some interesting items that are not so common in town!

Please feel free to drop any comments you have about the auction.
Hope to see you again next year!

Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

zenins

I had a great time last year and was sorry I had to miss it this year, may be I can make it again next year ;)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards