New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cleveland Ohio Extravaganza 2014 Nov 20-23

Started by limed, April 07, 2014, 01:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limed

EXTRAVAGANZA 2014 IS COMING!

MARK THE DATE FOR NOVEMBER 20TH-23RD 2014
Thursday to Sunday.

It will be the big Anniversary , if you're never been to one, this should be the one you need to go.
So get your passports ready.
It's a great time and lots of fish people to meet and talk fish......
Registration is on Thursday around 7:00pm and thing start happening Friday morning,

Ed

SlyAngel

I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

Nienna

limed

Andre will go, it a fever and experience he really enjoyed. He need to buy fish to
put in the new tanks someone bought.

Ed
Quote from: limed on April 07, 2014, 01:09:36 PM
EXTRAVAGANZA 2014 IS COMING!

MARK THE DATE FOR NOVEMBER 20TH-23RD 2014
Thursday to Sunday.

It will be the big Anniversary , if you're never been to one, this should be the one you need to go.
So get your passports ready.
It's a great time and lots of fish people to meet and talk fish......
Registration is on Thursday around 7:00pm and thing start happening Friday morning,
You should book your room as the room in the hotel go really fast. ($71.00/night)

Ed

SlyAngel

You guys are so funny........lol.......When I got home, my daugther said.....Oh I though we were getting rid of tanks....lol.

Yes it's all my fault....but I have already set up 1 tank......2 to go.  :-\
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

fischkopp

You sure don't want to miss this show! It spark the fish bug like no other! A great experience, lots of chatty people, and always awesome speakers and fish!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

ajm1961

Quote from: SlyAngel on April 07, 2014, 09:24:16 PM
How can I hide this post from Andre... ;)
Too late!!

Would love to go, but we may have busted our hobby budget for this year - somebody brought home a lot of stuff!  :P
(we'll see later in the year....)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

SlyAngel

Quote from: ajm1961 on April 08, 2014, 10:38:27 AM
Too late!!

Would love to go, but we may have busted our hobby budget for this year - somebody brought home a lot of stuff!  :P
(we'll see later in the year....)
Ok 2 of those tanks and 4 fish were free....lol........and the rest I didn't pay......you did...so guys MY budget is ok...lol

limed

Here's a list of speakers

The slate of speakers for our 20th Extravaganza has finally been competed!

Ad Konings

Felipe Cantera

Melanie Stiassny

Barbie Fiorentino

Wayne Leibel

Andre, read between the lines, your budget is good for Ohio.

ED

SlyAngel

So it would be best to reserve a room for now and worst scenario we cancel right?

limed

Yes, They should open another block of rooms since the first block is gone already.
They go fast because it's a big one.  $71.00/night this year

Here is the phone number for the hotel. .. Be sure to ask for the Exxtravaganza special pricing!

+1 440-238-8800

Ed

zenins

See you guys down there again this year ... it is always a good time :)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

ajm1961

Reserved my room this week. Finally was able to get one reservation at OCA discounted price for all nights through the hotel directly! I would suggest this is the way to go rather than going through the Holiday Inn central reservation.

For those interested, here is the hotel's phone number: 1-440-238-8800
Website: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/strongsville/clesv/hoteldetail#
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

sidarnold

Made a reservation this afternoon. Rooms are limited now - service rep did some footwork and I got a room for the 4 nights. I would suggest if you thinking of attending to make a phone call now as it seems they are running out of room nights.

Sid Arnold

zenins

Hey all,

I just booked my room for 21-23 November 2014.
They keep adding blocks of rooms as they get booked.
The room rate I got was $69 per night plus tax,
so for 3 nights including taxes for a room with 2 beds it is $241.17 (USD)
or $120 per person if sharing the room, which I always do.

For recent information, including a trip to the Cleveland Aquarium Friday morning,
check out the forum here:

http://www.cichlidae.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

So, who is going this year ?

Zenin

limed

Most of us have booked our rooms when they first came up. I think there is about 6 rooms
that was booked ,but most of the guy's that are going down have been to Ohio Extravaganza,
that's why we booked , we know how fun it is and the deals and the people we meet.

Ed

zenins

Quote from: limed on July 20, 2014, 11:04:02 AM
 we know how fun it is and the deals and the people we meet.

A few years ago, we had quite a few from KWAS go, but last year not so many,
so I will have to get on it again to see how many will go this year ;)

By the way, it was nice to see you at the CAOAC convention in May
Zenin

limed

We all made it down safe. lots of fish to buy, so far I got blue eye albino long fins (very long fins)pleco's
Long fin Green dragon plecos, Charcoal rilli shrimp.  Already gone to Cleveland Aquarium behind the scene tour,  4 talks so far and 5 talks tomorrow and lots of other thing.

Ed

bitterman

Glad you all made it there ok! Have a great time and safe trip home!

Darn I wish I was there... I'd be looking for Tanganyika's!!!

Bruce