New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

AquaMania

Started by albertthiel, April 07, 2014, 05:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertthiel

I want to thank Andre and his Club Committee for allowing me to make the presentations I did at AquaMania

It was a pleasure meeting with many of the Club's Members and I interacting with quite a few of them

Thanks to all of you for a wonderful event

Albert

NjOyRiD

was it ever fun or what?
loved it!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Got Fish?

Glad I got to meet you but forgot to ask for a book lol. Will you be at macna?  If so we will meet again  ;)

Rybren

It was a real pleasure to meet you and to chat for a few minutes.  I quite enjoyed your first presentation.  Unfortunately, I was unable to remain for your second one.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise with us.

120G Reef

ramblnpony

I have to say as well that it was a privilege to meet you Albert and to be able to ask you some questions. You have such a wealth of knowledge and experience and it was the highlight of the show for me. I really hope to see you again next year! Have to put some pressure on Stuart.  ;)

Frank

albertthiel

Quote from: NjOyRiD on April 07, 2014, 08:21:33 PM
was it ever fun or what?
loved it!
Yes indeed it WAS a great event for sure

albertthiel

Quote from: Got Fish? on April 07, 2014, 08:35:11 PM
Glad I got to meet you but forgot to ask for a book lol. Will you be at macna?  If so we will meet again  ;)

Not sure yet David ... hopefully I will be in Denver yes and we'll meet again  ...

And on the books ... no more printed copies but I of course have the e-Version available still ..

If you are interested let me know ..

Albert

albertthiel

Quote from: Rybren on April 07, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
It was a real pleasure to meet you and to chat for a few minutes.  I quite enjoyed your first presentation.  Unfortunately, I was unable to remain for your second one.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise with us.

Thank your for the kind words ... I appreciate them ... .it was my pleasure to share and chat with many who attended ... Happy reef keeping

albertthiel

Quote from: ramblnpony on April 07, 2014, 10:41:50 PM
I have to say as well that it was a privilege to meet you Albert and to be able to ask you some questions. You have such a wealth of knowledge and experience and it was the highlight of the show for me. I really hope to see you again next year! Have to put some pressure on Stuart.  ;)

Frank

Thank you kindly  ... and yes Stuart and Andre I guess are the ones to talk to  :)

Pleasure being at the Convention and giving the talks and meeting many of the members and visitors ....

Albert

ajm1961

Quote from: albertthiel on April 07, 2014, 05:42:35 PM
I want to thank Andre and his Club Committee for allowing me to make the presentations I did at AquaMania

It was a pleasure meeting with many of the Club's Members and I interacting with quite a few of them

Thanks to all of you for a wonderful event

Albert
Albert, it was a pleasure to have you! From the responses, you have some real fans in Ottawa!
:P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

albertthiel

Quote from: ajm1961 on April 08, 2014, 09:36:15 PM
Albert, it was a pleasure to have you! From the responses, you have some real fans in Ottawa!
:P

Thank you Sir, I appreciate it ...

Albert

Littorina

I was so disappointed I didn't get to meet you!  I had intended on taking in your nano tank session in the AM, but I didn't get to Aquamania until after 2pm on Saturday, and I didn't see you, and couldn't stay for your later talk.   :(     

However, I DID buy my first tank there, (the 28 gallon CAD Lights David had on display), and I am very excited to start!  I will be referencing your e-book quite a bit, I'm sure.  It's fantastic!    :)

albertthiel

Quote from: Littorina on April 09, 2014, 01:03:54 PM
     I was so disappointed I didn't get to meet you!  I had intended on taking in your nano tank session in the AM, but I didn't get to Aquamania until after 2pm on Saturday, and I didn't see you, and couldn't stay for your later talk.   :(     

However, I DID buy my first tank there, (the 28 gallon CAD Lights David had on display), and I am very excited to start!  I will be referencing your e-book quite a bit, I'm sure.  It's fantastic!    :)

Sorry we could not meet but you did make a real good buy. I know exactly which tank you bought, as I looked at it myself several times, and was impressed with its built etc ....

You will find most of what I discussed my talks in the book so you will still get the benefit of all of the information. I may have covered some addl material during the talks but the "meat" of what you need to know is definitely in the book.

Happy reef keeping and if you have questions for me just post them in the thread here and if I can answer them I certainly will, and with pleasure.

ALBERT

Littorina

Yes, I believe that tank was MEANT for me!  I was indecisive for so long regarding which size tank to begin with, and I wanted an all-in-one....then I found out about the CAD 28, and I knew it was the one for me!  It was out of stock, and I would have had to wait at least a month or 2 before mine would arrive, and then David found THIS one at a private sale, still in the box!  So the reduced price really helped my starter budget!  It's big enough to have lots of room to grow, and the size isn't too overwhelming for me......

I'm sure I will be asking questions as I go!  I love your threads  :-)
Take care!

albertthiel

Quote from: Littorina on April 10, 2014, 09:20:47 AM
Yes, I believe that tank was MEANT for me!  I was indecisive for so long regarding which size tank to begin with, and I wanted an all-in-one....then I found out about the CAD 28, and I knew it was the one for me!  It was out of stock, and I would have had to wait at least a month or 2 before mine would arrive, and then David found THIS one at a private sale, still in the box!  So the reduced price really helped my starter budget!  It's big enough to have lots of room to grow, and the size isn't too overwhelming for me......

I'm sure I will be asking questions as I go!  I love your threads  :-)
Take care!
Well I am glad to read you found what you were looking for and at a good price on top of it ...

Happy reef keeping

Albert