New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cobalt Aquatics Egg-Rocker ROCKS!!!!!

Started by bitterman, April 09, 2014, 08:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

As most of know Cobalt Aquatics was at Aquamania this past weekend. They have a great new product! Perfect for anyone that breeds african cichlids!

These are a realy slick tumbler!!! The best I have every seen on the market so far and very very easy to use! They overcame several of the major problems with most the tumblers you see today.
1. Size... most tumblers are too small
2. The screens get dirty or break
3. If there are not double screen fish can suck babies through the screen
4. Hard to load eggs
5. Tricky to adjust

At the show they had this new product coming on the market...... Called the Egg Rocker. There are 2 versions. I was lucky enough to get the larger version!!!! Perfect for my Mpimbwe!!!!! The Egg-Rocker 65 is perfect for any other cichild!

Its 80mm or about 3 1/8" around and looks to be prefect from Frontosa and Gibberosa! Its really well built and easy to use too. Even comes with a valve to adjust flow to get the right suspended rocking action!

Here are pics of the box.

I took it out of the box, put it together in about 15 seconds and took a pic.

Here it is in my tank waiting for a spawn! Gave my Mpimbwe group a nice feeding of form freeze dried mysis one of the things that helps to trigger a spawn for my group.. In a few day some cooler water changes every day....

I can't wait to shoot some videos show this in action! Boy its slick!

Bruce

ajm1961

So, anything more to share regarding the use of the egg-rocker?
Have you tried it with a spawn yet?
Just curious.
Keep us posted.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

Quote from: ajm1961 on August 26, 2014, 06:05:33 PM
So, anything more to share regarding the use of the egg-rocker?
Have you tried it with a spawn yet?
Just curious.
Keep us posted.

Unfortunately my group is not co-operating :(

Bruce

ajm1961

So the cold water changes aren't doing it?
Maybe some Barry White and dim lights?
:P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!