New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

10 lb CO2 tanks

Started by charlie, June 22, 2014, 12:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I ran into the owner of Pyromateck , he asked me to pass along  the good news - he has some brand  new Aluminum   10 lb co2 tanks on clearance - 95.00 with gas.
Ask for Mike. Tell him you are from the aquarium club & I posted this.
http://www.pyromateck.ca/en/
Enjoy

lucius

exv152

That's good news! I was planning to visit him anyway. Thanks for posting.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on June 22, 2014, 11:27:22 PM
That's good news! I was planning to visit him anyway. Thanks for posting.
Quote from: lucius on June 22, 2014, 04:11:34 PM
Oh man, so tempted!
I`m also tempted  ;), would have preferred a larger tank such as a 20 lb.
Eric when are you thinking of going? perhaps we can do a deal with him , if Brian & myself give into the temptation  :D
Regards

lucius

Quote from: charlie on June 23, 2014, 07:56:59 AM
I`m also tempted  ;), would have preferred a larger tank such as a 20 lb.
Eric when are you thinking of going? perhaps we can do a deal with him , if Brian & myself give into the temptation  :D
Regards

D'oh, I caved!  I just came from there.  ;D  The girl in front charged me full price.  Mike wasn't there but luckily his son was there and he honoured the $95.

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

Apparently someone  already picked up one this morning ;)
Mods can you please move this thread to group buys, as I have been getting PM`s of interest.
Thanks

exv152

Quote from: charlie on June 23, 2014, 10:17:49 AM
Mods can you please move this thread to group buys, as I have been getting PM`s of interest.
Thanks

Done.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Thanks Eric.
Ok folks because of interest in this deal, I`m willing to undertake a group buy
At present the price is 95.00 + tx.
I have contacted  the management to request a better  deal on top of this deal if we were to buy several bottles at the same time, I will have word back by Wednesday since the owner is on a mini vacation & given tomorrow is a holiday tomorrow ( Tuesday) in Quebec.
Whatever the price is I would need the moola by this weekend, also since the cost of gas is so crazy we can each chip in for that expense, anticipated time for pick up is Monday, There are a few people I can cover until pick up.
I will not be delivering any bottles ( unless I have a personal agreement with someone) , that said go ahead and list your interest here.
Regards

daworldisblack

Quote from: charlie on June 23, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
Thanks Eric.
I have contacted  the management to request a better  deal on top of this deal if we were to buy several bottles at the same time, I will have word back by Wednesday since the owner is on a mini vacation & given tomorrow is a holiday tomorrow ( Tuesday) in Quebec.
Whatever the price is I would need the moola by this weekend, also since the cost of gas is so crazy we can each chip in for that expense, anticipated time for pick up is Monday, There are a few people I can cover until pick up.
I will not be delivering any bottles ( unless I have a personal agreement with someone) , that said go ahead and list your interest here.
Regards

Awesome Errol, thanks!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

Quote from: charlie on June 23, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
Thanks Eric.
Regards

Double d'oh!  I bought two CO2 tanks this month so don't think I can afford a third one.  ;)

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

me 1
Rah 1
Eric 1
fishbuddy 2
so we have 5 potential bottles at this point.
For those sitting on the fence, consider this a used steel  bottle with gas is around 130.00+tax at Davidson.
A new 10 lb aluminum bottle with out gas & shipping from the US is
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2/C10.shtml
In Canada
http://www.amazon.ca/10lb-Aluminum-Cylinder-CGA320-Valve/dp/B00852CTYK
I think that gives a good idea of what a great deal 95.00 with gas is.
Regards

lucius

Just in case you aren't aware, the taxes in Québec are 14.975% so make sure you factor this into your cost.

Shawn84

I just fill mind up at Anderson near Chinatown and its $165+tax for a new 20lbs bottle filled.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

charlie

Quote from: lucius on June 23, 2014, 06:20:39 PM
Just in case you aren't aware, the taxes in Québec are 14.975% so make sure you factor this into your cost.

Thanks Brian, we maybe able to get it @ 95.00 tax in, I`ll know more by Wed.

charlie

Quote from: Shawn84 on June 23, 2014, 06:29:16 PM
I just fill mind up at Anderson near Chinatown and its $165+tax for a new 20lbs bottle filled.
Is that a new 20 lb Aluminum bottle?
I think you might be referring to Davidson on Percy street

Shawn84

Yes it was Davidson. Didn't ask which type it was. I just ask how much for a 20lbs and thats the price they told me for a new one with gas

Shawn
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

charlie

Quote from: Shawn84 on June 24, 2014, 10:10:57 AM
Yes it was Davidson. Didn't ask which type it was. I just ask how much for a 20lbs and thats the price they told me for a new one with gas

Shawn
Thanks .
They are steel tanks refurbished.
Anyone else for the New aluminum  10 lb co2 tanks?