New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

10 lb CO2 tanks

Started by charlie, June 22, 2014, 12:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

If I'm reading the stamp correctly, the tanks were manaufactured in May 2013.

charlie

Quote from: charlie on June 23, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
Thanks Eric.
Ok folks because of interest in this deal, I`m willing to undertake a group buy
At present the price is 95.00 + tx.
I have contacted  the management to request a better  deal on top of this deal if we were to buy several bottles at the same time, I will have word back by Wednesday since the owner is on a mini vacation & given tomorrow is a holiday tomorrow ( Tuesday) in Quebec.
Whatever the price is I would need the moola by this weekend, also since the cost of gas is so crazy we can each chip in for that expense, anticipated time for pick up is Monday, There are a few people I can cover until pick up.
I will not be delivering any bottles ( unless I have a personal agreement with someone) , that said go ahead and list your interest here.
Regards
As promised the owner call me back this morning.
He cannot do any better than 95.00 Tax in, explain that we are basically getting the bottle at around 65.00 + gas 30.00 approx. + tax, @ 95 00 Tax in I`m happy with that & don`t think you will find a better deal for  brand new Aluminum bottle with gas.
Can we please keep this group buy thread reserved for those wanting to join & purchase a bottle or 2.
Myself 1
Eric 1
rah 1
John 2
Thanks

exv152

I'm good with $95 all-in, that's a great deal. Alluminum bottles are much lighter, and don't rust or corrode like steel does over time. Normally a 10lbs steel USED bottle costs $90 + gas + plus taxes.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

I'm still good for one as well. Thanks!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

If you see the owner on Monday, ask him if he can get his hands on some 20 lb tanks?  :P

charlie

Quote from: lucius on June 28, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
If you see the owner on Monday, ask him if he can get his hands on some 20 lb tanks?  :P
already did  ;D
the reason he does not bring them , is he has to buy a minimum of 1 skid & not enough demand.

exv152

Quote from: charlie on June 28, 2014, 07:59:49 PM
already did  ;D
the reason he does not bring them , is he has to buy a minimum of 1 skid & not enough demand.

I've got four 10lbs cylinders I wouldn't mind switching to 20lbs'ers. Maybe it has more to do with the fact that there's less money to be made in filling 20lbs vs 10lbs in the long run.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

So let's say a 4 x 4 skid and the tanks are about 8" wide so 36 per skid?  Oh well.  :(

reefdava16

Is it too late to get in on this buy? Interested in 1.

Ryan

charlie

Quote from: reefdava16 on June 29, 2014, 08:05:20 AM
Is it too late to get in on this buy? Interested in 1.

Ryan
Hi Ryan, sorry I did not pick your request up, as my internet was down( thanks to Bell).
You can still get the bottles @ 95.00 + Tax, just mention to Luc or Mike you saw it on the OVAS aquarium web site.
Regards

reefdava16

Quote from: charlie on June 30, 2014, 09:04:33 PM
Hi Ryan, sorry I did not pick your request up, as my internet was down( thanks to Bell).
You can still get the bottles @ 95.00 + Tax, just mention to Luc or Mike you saw it on the OVAS aquarium web site.
Regards

No problem, I managed to grab the last one.

Thanks!

FishBuddy

Thanks to Errol and Eric for setting up and picking up the CO2 tanks for us :)  At this price, it's definitely a steal!

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

Pyrrolin

I hope they still have some left, I sent them a message to see if they have more.  I plan to buy one in the next week or so.